Victorian Police search creek for body of missing Hells Angel associate, Kerry Giakoumis

·

Victorian Police are searching a creek on the outskirts of Melbourne for the body of missing Adelaide Hells Angel associate, Kerry Giakoumis, The Advertiser reports.

Detectives have revealed extensive searches of the Jackson Creek in Diggers Rest, northwest of the Melbourne CBD, have been conducted this week after information was received during the inquiry.

So far the body of Mr Giakoumis, 29, has not been recovered but the searches are expected to continue.

Mr Giakoumis was last seen attending the Hells Angels Nomads headquarters in Thomastown on the morning of June 10 last year. 

READ MORE: Police hold ‘grave fears’ for missing Adelaide bikie associate Kerry Giakoumis.

(Right): The last sighting of Mr Giakoumis.

This is just five days after Mr Giakoumis travelled to Victoria from Adelaide with what police believe to be two other Hells Angels associates. 

According to The Advertiser, intensive investigations into Mr Giakoumis’ disappearance indicate he may have been lured to Melbourne, but detectives have so far been unable to establish a motive for murder.

Victorian Police Detective Superintendent, Paul O’Halloran, said a task force comprising specialist detectives skilled in missing persons and homicide cases, as well as outlaw motorcycle gang investigations, had been formed to investigate the murder.

READ MORE: Investigation into Hells Angel associate Kerry Giakoumis’ disappearance continues.

An image of a man Victorian detectives are seeking to identify in connection with the suspected murder of Adelaide man Kerry Giakoumis. Picture: Vic Police.

“Police have believed for some time that he has met with foul play and all the information we have received, particularly over the past few months, just confirms that,’’ he told The Advertiser.

“There will be people out there who have information about what happened to Kerry and who is responsible, and again I am appealing for those people to come forward and speak to police. I would also stress that this can be done anonymously.”

Detectives also released an image of a man who was with Mr Giakoumis on the night he was murdered they are attempting to identify as part of the investigation.

Anyone with any information on Mr Giakoumis’ presumed murder is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Source: The Advertiser.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Michael Christofas shortlisted for national portrait prize with tribute to Kastellorizian women

Melbourne photographer Michael Christofas has been named a finalist in the 2026 Percival Photographic Portrait Prize in Townsville.

Memory gathers at double book launch: Rain-soaked readings of migration and storytelling

As rain lashed the windows of St Catherine’s Greek Orthodox Church Hall, warmth gathered around a long table laid with yiayia’s tablecloth.

The last thing born in Ephesus wasn’t marble, and Melbourne has the answer

When you hear the title The Library of Ephesus, you expect marble ruins and dusty scrolls. You do not expect soccer teams, Aristotle Onassis.

Filotimo on a plate: Neoléa and the Cretan Association bring Crete to Adelaide

Neoléa, in collaboration with the Cretan Association of South Australia, hosted an intimate and engaging culinary workshop on Sunday, May 17.

Pallaconians’ OPA Y2K Youth Night brings the 2000s back to Brunswick

More than 100 young people gathered at the Pallaconian Brotherhood’s Laconian House in Brunswick on Saturday, May 9.

You May Also Like

Out from the White Tower’s shadow: A subversive guide to Thessaloniki

Thessaloniki isn’t trying to impress you, and that’s exactly why it does. Its people carry the kind of warmth that isn’t put on for tourists.

Fugitive Jim Soukoulis deported back to Australia after six years on the run

Hells Angels-linked fugitive Jim Soukoulis has been deported from Indonesia and returned to Melbourne Airport, ending six years on the run.

At least 79 dead and hundreds feared missing after migrant boat sinks off Greece

At least 79 migrants have drowned and hundreds more were missing and feared dead after their overcrowded boat capsized and sank off Greece.