Complaint handling process
Foreign Language Press conducts its journalism in accordance with the guidelines of the Australian Press Council, we strive for credible, accurate, and journalistic excellence.
If you believe the code has been breached and wish to complain about an article in this newspaper, be it on our print or digital assets, please contact email@example.com
Editorial Complaints Procedure
This process is appropriate for complaints about editorial content in our publications and the digital services that we publish.
We strive to ensure that conflicts of interests and bias is avoided or adequately disclosed, and that they do not influence our published material.
Staff of Foreign Language Press are obligated to declare any conflict of interest if it exists and are to act in good faith and for a proper purpose at all times.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT
You should email us with details of your complaint.
Complaints will be accepted up to one 30 days from the date of the publication of the item(s) that you are complaining about.
Should the item remain accessible on our website or in another digital format after this time, we will accept complaints up to 2 months from the date of first publication provided that it is still possible to investigate the complaint fairly given the period of time that has elapsed.
Complaints must include:
• a link to the relevant webpage, if the complaint is about online material (or, if the item is in print, the publication title, date, page and headline);
• reference must be made as to the nature of your complaint;
• any other documents that will help us assess your complaint. Complaints received without this information may not be considered.
We may seek further details after your initial contact. We reserve the right to reject, without further investigation, complaints that show no breach.
1. What happens to your complaint?
We aim to acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days of receipt.
If we receive multiple complaints about the same issue we may make one response to all.
We will respond to all complaints within 28 days of receiving all the necessary information to allow us to investigate.
• When handling your complaint we will treat you fairly, courteously and with respect. We may decline to consider any complaint that is abusive or gratuitously offensive.
• If at any stage of your complaint we do not hear back from you within 21 days, we will consider your complaint satisfied and closed.
If you are unhappy with our final response to your complaint you may complain to Australian Press Council (presscouncil.org.au). We will confirm in writing that you have exhausted our internal complaints procedure.
Postal address for complaints by mail: PO Box 205, Coogee 203430.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: 02 95660 2500