EST. 1926

Interviews

‘The show’s spirit will continue’: Patricia Karvelas on hosting RN Breakfast for first time

The ABC's Patricia Karvelas hosted her first-ever Radio National (RN) Breakfast show on Monday with the confidence and enthusiasm of a well-trained professional. Karvelas took...

Thanasi Kokkinakis’ father shares feelings ahead of Adelaide International quarterfinals

An older photo of Thanasi Kokkinakis (far right) with his family. Photo: Supplied

‘I love what I do’: Meet the family behind one of SA’s iconic Fish and Chips shops

On a Tuesday morning during the Christmas Holidays the Port Noarlunga Fish and Chips Shop (also known as Jimmy's Fish and Chips) is full...

Greek Australians living in Athens reminisce Christmas in Melbourne

By Ilias Karagiannis A word, a picture, a voice from the past can lift waves of memories like a loud gust of air. Memories...

How the legacy of a Greek migrant lives on through his son: The story of Paulmara Estates

By Doris Falidis Nickolas “The last thing I wanted was to stay back and work on the land,” recalls Greek-Australian Paul Georgiadis, founder and...

Learning Greek to escape poverty: The story of St Nicholas Preparatory School in Ghana

By Panagiotis Dalatariof. In 2006, the Tsakos Group launched the building of an Orthodox Christian Church in Tema New Town, Ghana. This was completed in 2008...

Nikitas Kardoulias: Surviving Darwin’s Cyclone Tracy and life in Central Africa

Nikitas Kardoulias was born in 1951 on the Greek island of Kalymnos. He lived on the island with his mother as his father had...

Santa photos and family gatherings: Helen Koutulakis Chrysanthou shares Christmas memories

Decorated pine trees, flamboyant light displays, annual Santa family photos at Grace Brothers in downtown Sydney, family gatherings with free flow of homemade flaounes...

Yannis Kotsiras: ‘Through music I communicate with the world’

After a summer full of concerts around Greece succeeded by strict restrictions and lockdowns, much loved Greek singer-songwriter Yiannis Kotsiras and his ensemble are...

Theo Maras: ‘Who you are is measured by what you will leave behind’

As we walk down the laneways in Adelaide’s cosmopolitan East End, property developer and Adelaide Central Market Authority, Theo Maras gives me a tour...
- Advertisement -spot_img

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you

Steen Raskopoulos to perform at Sydney Comedy Festival 2021

Greek Australian stand-up comedian and actor Steen Raskopoulos will...