Notorious buyer behind the big wins for Greek and Cypriot contestants on The Block

·

Notorious Block buyer Danny Wallis has taken home three of this season’s luxe Brighton properties, costing him almost a whopping $12m.

The Melbourne rich lister outplayed The Block’s regular buyer’s advocates and other bidders, who were unable to compete with his incredible knockout bids.

Mr Wallis collected Sarah and George Bragias’ family home for $4,000,0002, Harry and Tash Pavlou’s for $4 million and Daniel and Jade’s for $3.8 million.

READ MORE: George and Sarah Bragias receive incredible $4 million bid in The Block 2020 grand final.

Sarah and George’s home. Photo: realestate.com.au

The IT entrepreneur entered the competition at each auction with blowout bids well above the $3.2-$3.4 million price guides.

Mr Wallis said that even after he had inflated the final prices, the Block homes were “good value for money” and in a “great spot.”

“Number one (Harry and Tash’s) was my favourite. I liked the tree outside, the northern aspect, garage and the house,” Mr Willis told realestate.com.au.

READ MORE: Greek and Cypriot contestants on The Block 2020 reveal their strong bond.

Harry and Tash’s property at 364 New St Brighton was Mr Wallis’ favourite. Photo: realestate.com.au

All contestants were told prior to the bidding last night that Cypriot father-daughter duo Harry and Tash’s property had been the ‘most viewed’ on the popular real-estate website, The Domain. Meanwhile, Sarah and George’s house was voted the ‘people’s favourite’ by Channel 9 audiences.

Both teams had a reserve house price of $3.35 million but that clearly didn’t stop Mr Wallis.

The property investor confirmed he would not be moving into any of his latest purchases — which are all in a row along New Street.

It’s believed he will rent out the properties, which he did last year after buying Mitch and Mark’s St Kilda Oslo townhouse for $3.374m.

He also previously purchased 403 Dorcas St in South Melbourne on the fifth season of The Block for $1,400,001.01, after a number of erratic bids.

READ MORE: Greek and Cypriot contestants battle it out on The Block 2020.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Body image in Greek Australian culture

The report highlighted that an estimated 4.1 million Australians aged 15 and over have experienced body dissatisfaction.

SoulChef Sundays: A taste of tradition with Katiki Cheese Pie

This week, SoulChef presents a lighter, contemporary take on a classic — without sacrificing authenticity or flavour.

Greek as always: Different languages, same ancient soul

We Greeks have always been adventurous people. The Minoans sailed the Mediterranean and traded exotic goods.

Greece secures world’s 2nd best beach for 2026

Greece has earned major international recognition with four of its beaches ranked among the world’s top 20.

First Orthodox cemetery opens in Japan

To support the spiritual needs of the faithful, the parish priest announced plans to relocate a traditional wooden church from Romania.

You May Also Like

Tom Koutsantonis hails new South Australian boating strategy

A new SA gov't strategy aims to reduce dangerous boating behaviours, with measures including lowered boat speed limits.

Greek Orthodox Community of South Australia’s tribute to Mikis Theodorakis

Mikis of Resistance and Struggle, Mikis of creation and the great arts, is no longer with us. He passed away on Thursday 2 September...

Samantha Mostyn appointed next Govenor-General for Australia

Samantha Mostyn has been appointed as Australia's next Governor-General by Prime Minister Anthony Albanese.