Footballer Terry Antonis signs for Melbourne City FC

·

Midfielder, Terry Antonis, has signed for Melbourne City FC for the 2023/24 season.

The 29-year-old brings added experience to City’s squad, having made 144 A-League Men’s appearances across stints with Western Sydney, Melbourne Victory and Sydney FC.

Antonis has already made 12 appearances in AFC Champions League, which City will compete in for the second time this season. He has scored two goals and assisted a further four in the competition.

Melbourne City FC Director of Football, Michael Petrillo, said: “Terry is a player highly motivated and driven to get back to playing football to the level he has previously.”

“We have done our due diligence and know that he is in excellent physical condition,” Petrillo added.

“We have seen the quality of Terry’s game in previous seasons; he has a great attacking mindset, excellent technical ability and the physical capacity to become an important part of our midfield.”

Photo: keepup.com.au

Terry Antonis said: “Melbourne City has been the most successful club in Australia in recent years, so obviously things are going right. When my agent came to me with the move, I saw it as a really exciting opportunity and I’m looking forward to working with Rado again.”

“I’ve been lucky enough to be a part of a few Champions League campaigns both in Australia and while playing in the K-League, so that’s an opportunity I’m really looking forward to having again,” Antonis said.

“I’m hoping I can add some experience to the squad and I’m really excited to play for this great Club alongside some great players.”

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Panarcadians Mother’s Day luncheon honours the mother tongue

The Panarcadian Association of Melbourne transformed its annual Mother’s Day luncheon into both a celebration and act of resistance.

St George College hosts Greek military delegation for Battle of Crete commemorations

St George College has welcomed a military delegation from Greece as part of the 85th Anniversary Commemorations of the Battle of Crete.

Adelaide’s Pontian community honours the memory of the victims of the Genocide

Adelaide’s Pontian and wider Greek community gathered on Sunday to commemorate Pontian Greek Genocide Commemoration Day 2026.

‘From Genocide to Regeneration’ presented in Melbourne for first time

The Federation of Pontian Associations of Australia and the Sts Anargiri Greek Language Centre co-hosted a successful presentation.

‘We are custodians of memory’: Melbourne marks Greek Genocide remembrance day

Melbourne paused in solemn unity on Sunday morning as the Pontian Greek Genocide was commemorated with a wreath-laying service.

You May Also Like

Kimberly Guilfoyle vows to deepen US-Greece ties in defence, energy and trade

Kimberly Guilfoyle, nominee for US ambassador to Greece, emphasised Greece’s role as a pillar of stability in the Eastern Mediterranean.

Debbie Voulgaris’ daughter defends her mum amid jail term in Taiwan for drug smuggling

The daughter of Debbie Voulgaris, an Australian mother-of-five imprisoned in Taiwan, has spoken publicly for the first time about her grief.

Agricultural hot spot Thessaly faces shortages from floods in Greece

Following storm Daniel in Central Greece last week, the Thessaly Plain faces the prospect of scarcities and escalating prices.