The Greek Community of Melbourne (GCM) will launch a pop-up vaccination hub at its Greek Orthodox Church of St George in Thornbury to help the local community get their COVID-19 vaccine.
The GCM has partnered with DPV Health to administer COVID-19 vaccines from Friday 27 August until Monday 30 August.
Here’s a rundown of what you need to know before the clinic opens tomorrow:
• Friday, 27 August from 9AM to 6:30PM
• Saturday, 28 August from 9AM to 6:30PM
• Sunday, 29 August from 9AM to 6:30PM
• Monday, 30 August from 9AM to 6:30PM.
• St George Church Hall at 66 St David Street, Thornbury.
BOOK YOUR VACCINATION TIME:
• Use the online booking system.
• Call the Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398 – for an interpreter, press 0.
BRING WITH YOU:
• Medicare Card or IHI (if you have one).
• Valid form of identification (for example, driver’s licence, proof of age card or passport). This will need to show their name and date of birth.
• Pfizer: open Friday 24th & Saturday 25th September 2021.
• AstraZeneca: open Friday 26th & Saturday 27th November 2021.
PFIZER OR ASTRAZENECA:
• Everyone in Victoria can get a free COVID-19 vaccination.
• People will be offered both AstraZeneca and Pfizer based on their age.
• COVID-19 vaccines are currently available for everyone aged 16 years and over.
• Anyone aged 16-59 years will be able to receive the Pfizer vaccine.
• Anyone aged 18-59 years will be able to choose to receive either Pfizer or AstraZeneca.
• Those aged 60 and over will continue to receive AstraZeneca.
• Young people aged 12 -15 years can get a free COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer) if they have an underlying medical condition or are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.