South Sydney Rabbitohs chair Nick Pappas supports Latrell Mitchell amid radio rant

·

South Sydney Rabbitohs star Latrell Mitchell is under fire after a recent post-match expletive laced radio interview on Triple M last week.

Mitchell gave a post-match interview after the Rabbitohs’ loss to Brisbane where he swore five times in 30 seconds raising the ire of league fans.

Following the interview, NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo met with Mitchell on Wednesday night, and the football player was issued with a warning rather than a fine or a suspension.

According to The Daily Telegraph, South Sydney chair Nick Pappas said the club fully support the Rabbitohs player, but Mitchell could have handled himself in the interview better.

Andrew Abdo
Andrew Abdo met with Latrell Mitchell. Photo: Tim Hunter.

Mr Pappas said the club is dealing with Mitchell appropriately.

“I am satisfied that the football department and (chief executive) Blake (Solly) are putting the right things in place to give him the support he needs at this time,” Mr Pappas said.

“I have every faith in him delivering for this club this season and beyond. He always has our support. At the same time, it doesn’t mean I don’t believe that moment could have been handled better. 

“Absolutely it could have been, and I am sure Latrell would say that.”

Source: The Daily Telegraph. 

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Aaron Zerefos Enterprises acquires Fresco Beverages 

Aaron Zerefos has announced the acquisition of the Fresco Beverages business, enhancing his hold on the Australian drink distribution market. 

Feros Group to take over premier waterfront venue in Darling Harbour

The Feros Group has announced they now own and operate the iconic Helm Bar & Bistro in Sydney's Darling Harbour.

Peter Mamouzelos aims to play in Greece as rugby league grows

Peter Mamouzelos has expressed his ambition to play rugby league in Greece, a goal that has been hindered in the past due to the sport's ban.

Trust-building steps taken in Cyprus, but peace talks still elusive

Cyprus' rival leaders, Greek Cypriot President Nikos Christodoulides and Turkish Cypriot leader Ersin Tatar, made some progress on Wednesday.

Greece to invest 25 billion euros in major defence revamp

Greece is set to invest 25 billion euros in a comprehensive defence overhaul, marking the "most drastic" transformation in its modern history.

You May Also Like

Full house and festive vibes close 29th Greek Film Festival in Sydney

The 29th Greek Film Festival of Sydney came to a spectacular close on Sunday, October 27, with a sold-out crowd.

‘I don’t trust Greek Cypriots’: Erdogan weighs in on failed Cyprus talks

"They have never acted honestly," Erdogan said referring to the the Greek Cypriot administration of Southern Cyprus

Two Irish classmates die hours apart on Greek island of Ios

Greek police are investigating the deaths of two Irish teenagers on the Aegean island of Ios over the weekend.