Stefanos Tsitsipas reaches his first quarter-final at the Miami Open

·

Second seed Stefanos Tsitsipas took one step closer to a first ATP Masters 1000 title on Tuesday after battling past Lorenzo Sonego 6-2, 7-6(2) to reach his first quarter-final at the Miami Open presented by Itau.

Tsitsipas fired 20 winners and didn’t face a break point across one hour and 31 minutes against the 24th seeded Italian.

“I’m playing well, feeling well, and enjoying these moments on the court,” Tsitsipas said in an on-court interview. “I’m thrilled to be playing the way I’m playing. I’m having a great impact with my game so far this week, so it’s important for me to capitalise [on] that.

“Each single opponent has been a separate challenge, and I’ve been managing to find solutions against them. It’s important for me to have matches like this.”

Tsitsipas will face 24-year-old Hubert Hurkacz in the next round, after the 26th seed won a nail-biter against Milos Raonic that came down to the wire on Court 1. The Delray Beach Open by Vitacost.com champion came back from a set down and edged through a third-set tie-break to win 4-6, 6-3, 7-6(4).

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Athenian Association of NSW hosts ‘Rebetiko of Athens’ evening

Athenian Association of NSW hosted a special cultural evening in Lakemba celebrating the history and legacy of Greek rebetiko music.

Australian Hellenic Choir to present tribute concert honouring Giorgos Zambetas

Australian Hellenic Choir will present a tribute concert celebrating the music and legacy of Greek artist Giorgos Zambetas in Sydney.

Chris Christofi honoured in Cyprus for philanthropy

Chris Christofi has received a philanthropy honour in Cyprus, for his charitable work and community impact at the CYDIA Awards 2026.

St Spyridon College marks 85th anniversary of the Battle of Crete

St Spyridon College commemorated the 85th anniversary of the Battle of Crete with a wreath-laying ceremony.

Arthur Diles departs Melbourne Victory after Grand Final season

Melbourne Victory has confirmed the departure of head coach Arthur Diles following the conclusion of his contract.

You May Also Like

EC culture committee slams Hagia Sophia move

Bakoyannis said both Greek and Cypriot delegations have been raising awareness and mobilizing members of the Parliamentary Assembly for months.

Nick Kyrgios sells Sydney penthouse as he prepares move back to Canberra

Australian tennis star Nick Kyrgios has sold his luxury Sydney penthouse for $1,925,000, just a day before its scheduled auction.

Conrad Liveris named as one of Australia’s top 50 most inspirational LGBTIQ+ leaders

Greek Australian economist, Conrad Liveris, has been named as one of Australia's top 50 LGBTIQ+ leaders for 2020.