Sam Konstas fumbles his chance to push his Test

·

Young batsman Sam Konstas faced a setback in his bid for Test selection, failing to capitalise on a golden opportunity during the Sheffield Shield match at the MCG.

Seen as a potential contender for the opening spot following impressive twin centuries against South Australia, Konstas struggled on day two, ultimately dismissed for just four runs.

Konstas, along with star teammate Steve Smith, encountered a formidable Victorian bowling attack after NSW found themselves in a precarious position at 5-83. While batting in familiar MCG conditions, he was trapped lbw by Scott Boland. Despite his protests that the ball was heading down the leg side, the umpire ruled against him, further complicating his push for a spot in the Australian Test lineup.

As the latest top-order candidate to falter, Konstas joins a list of players vying for the position left vacant by the injured Cameron Green. His performance was particularly disappointing given that he had been named in the Australia A team for an upcoming match against India A.

While other contenders like Marcus Harris, Beau Webster, and Nathan McSweeney also struggled, Konstas had the chance to solidify his position but instead left the field with questions lingering about his readiness for international cricket.

With NSW facing a significant first-innings deficit, the pressure is on Konstas to deliver in future matches if he hopes to secure his place in the Test squad.

Source: ABC News.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Helping Heidi reclaim her life from Stage 4 endometriosis

Heidi S thought she was coping.For years, she endured heavy bleeding, clots, anaemia, and crippling pain. She pushed through.

Jacquelene Tsovolos: Honouring the past to build the Cypriot youth of tomorrow

When Jacquelene Tsovolos thinks about identity, she thinks of “the stories you’re handed down before you’re old enough to understand.”

SA Labor pledges $200,000 to Hellenic Studies Foundation scholarship program

SA Labor has committed $200,000 to establish a new scholarship program honouring the Very Reverend Father Diogenis Patsouris OAM.

Roselands set for $55 million redevelopment to modernise Sydney mall

Roselands, one of Sydney’s oldest shopping centres, is set for a $55 million upgrade under a HomeCo proposal lodged.

Mitsotakis looks to expand Greece-India cooperation at AI summit

Greek PM Kyriakos Mitsotakis said he aims to give the Greece-India strategic partnership a “significant boost” during a visit to India.

You May Also Like

Greek Community Women’s Cup delivers thrilling action in opening rounds

The Greek Community Women’s Cup kicked off with a series of matches, showcasing rivalries, tactical battles, and standout performances.

Over 30 police officers rounded up in Greece over illegal citizenship racket

The Hellenic Police’s Internal Affairs Division rounded up 34 police as part of an investigation into an illegal citizenship racket.

Renovation of Athens’ Omonia Square to be completed in February

The renovation of Omonia Square in central Athens will be completed in February, the Athens City Council said on Monday.Plans include reinstalling a fountain...