Man who allegedly killed three-year-old boy in Sydney identified

·

A 45-year-old man who allegedly killed a three-year-old boy in a unit at Riverwood in Sydney’s south on Wednesday has been identified as Nathan Vikatos, according to The Sydney Morning Herald (SMH).

NSW Police found the child’s body about 4pm on Wednesday after responding to a “concern for welfare” call.

Vikatos was seriously injured with what police suspect were self-inflicted knife wounds in the unit on Washington Avenue.

He remained under police guard in hospital on Thursday in a stable condition after surgery.

NSW Superintendent Sheridan Waldau said the apartment complex had now been declared a crime scene.

According to the SMH, police had been called to find Vikatos earlier on Wednesday over alleged domestic violence.

Police expect to charge him over the stabbing in the coming days.

Source: The Sydney Morning Herald.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Greece moves to secure rare photos of Nazi execution in Athens

Rare photographs believed to show the final moments of 200 Greeks executed by Nazi forces in 1944 have surfaced online.

Keon Park crowned champions of 2026 Women’s Greek Community Cup

Keon Park SC has been crowned champions of the second Women’s Greek Community Cup, defeating Brunswick City SC 1–0.

Greek women speak: Secrets shared, raw truth revealed at Melbourne’s Greek Centre

At the GCM Greek Centre, silence broke. Greek Women Speak, a symposium by Koraly Dimitriadis, tackled subjects migrant families avoid.

Scholars’ Assembly celebrates academic excellence at St Spyridon College

St Spyridon College held its annual Scholars’ Assembly on the morning of Friday, February 14, celebrating outstanding academic achievement.

Food For Thought Network to hold global online event for International Women’s Day 

The Food For Thought Network (FFTN) has announced a special International Women’s Day online event on 8 March 2026.

You May Also Like

President Pavlopoulos sends annual Christmas message to Greek diaspora

Prokopis Pavlopoulos, the President of the Hellenic Republic, recently sent his official Christmas message to all Greeks abroad.

Dendias: ‘Greece expects to be included in the next stages of the Berlin Process on Libya’

"Greece expects to be included in the next stages of the Berlin Process on Libya", Foreign Minister Nikos Dendias said on Monday after the...

Greek-Australian character “Carbo” returns to the screen in Packed to the Rafters spin-off

Amazon announced today that they will be debuting their first scripted Australian Amazon Original series - Back to the Rafters.