Jewellery of Maxi Antoniou’s murdered daughter stolen in Melbourne

·

Maxi Antoniou, mother of Courtney Herron, 25, who was killed at a Melbourne park in 2019, has called for the return of her daughter’s stolen jewellery taken earlier this month, 7News has reported.

Courtney was beaten to death on May 25, 2019, by Henry Hammond at Melbourne’s Royal Park. At the time, Hammond was found not guilty of murder by verdict of mental impairment and ordered to spend 25 years in a psychiatric facility.

Courtney Herron’s mum at the site where her daughter was killed in May 2019. Photo: Daily Mail.

On Monday, Ms Antoniou told 7News a thief broke into her Moonee Ponds home in inner-city Melbourne on July 1 and stole her late daughter’s gold cross and Pandora bracelet.

“The value in money is not that great. But the value to myself and my family and my children is priceless,” Ms Antoniou said. 

“The violation is just as bad as when Courtney was [killed]. I can’t describe the feeling of having her gone and then this person taking that jewellery.”

Police hope this man can help with their enquiries. Photo: Herald Sun.

Police have released CCTV images of a man they believe can assist with enquiries relating to the stolen jewellery. The man is described as being of Middle Eastern appearance, aged in his 50s, solid build, black and grey hair with a thin goatee, reports 7News.

A Victoria Police spokesperson said: “It is understood the offender slashed the fly screen and kicked in the rear door to gain entry to the property on Hopetoun Street between 4.30pm and 6.15pm on 1 July.”

Anyone with information is urged to contact police immediately.  

Source: 7News and Daily Mail

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

SBS World News highlights The Greek Herald’s 100-year legacy

Australia’s multicultural media landscape has turned its attention to SBS News, which this week aired a feature on The Greek Herald.

Greek and Australian Ambassadors honour shared ANZAC and Cretan legacy

The Ambassador of Greece to Australia and the Ambassador of Australia to Greece have issued commemorative messages.

Cretan Federation leaders honour Battle of Crete legacy on 85th anniversary

Leaders of the Cretan Federation of Australia and NZ have issued commemorative messages marking the 85th anniversary of the Battle of Crete.

Tracking ANZACs from Australia to Crete through art

An artist-driven exhibition retracing the path of ANZAC forces during the World War II campaigns in Greece and Crete will open this month.

History, memory and geopolitics explored in Dean Kalimniou’s Pontus lecture

The Greek Community of Melbourne’s History and Culture Seminar Series continued on Tuesday evening with a deeply engaging lecture.

You May Also Like

‘Ghost Flight’: Remembering the 121 lives lost in the 2005 Helios Airways crash

Remembered as the deadliest aviation accident in Greek history, Helios Airways Flight 522 crashed on August 14, 2005, killing 121 people.

Loverdos wraps up Australian visit in Perth, celebrating Hellenic heritage and ANZAC friendship

Ioannis Loverdos has concluded his official tour of Australia and New Zealand with a visit to Perth, Western Australia.

Greek Australian Women’s Groups unite for joyful double celebration

Victoria’s Greek community marked two beloved cultural occasions—May Day and Mother’s Day—on Sunday, 4 May 2025.