Donald Trump pleads not guilty to 34 criminal charges

·

Donald Trump, who is the first former president in US history to face criminal charges, has pleaded not guilty to 34 felony fraud counts of falsifying business records in the first degree.

According to the ABC, Trump was released without a requirement to post bail.

The charges were related to alleged payments made during Trump’s election campaign of 2016.

According to a statement of facts, Trump allegedly made hush money payments to two women and a doorman who claimed to have a story about a child Trump had out of wedlock.

The statement alleges Trump signed checks reimbursing his former fixer, Michael Cohen, for paying off the women and the doorman, but that his business records listed these as payments for Mr Cohen’s legal services.

Photo: Twitter

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg told reporters that the New York state law sees falsifying business records intending to defraud and to conceal another crime, as a felony.

“That is exactly what this case is about  — 34 false statements made to cover up other crimes,” Mr Bragg said.

Mr Trump’s next court appearance was set for December 4. 

“We’re going to fight it. We’re going to fight it hard,” was the response to the press from one of his lawyers, Todd Blanche.

Trump could face further criminal charges in at least two separate investigations, including one in Georgia and another relating to classified documents seized at Mar-a-Lago.

Source: ABC

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Panarcadians Mother’s Day luncheon honours the mother tongue

The Panarcadian Association of Melbourne transformed its annual Mother’s Day luncheon into both a celebration and act of resistance.

St George College hosts Greek military delegation for Battle of Crete commemorations

St George College has welcomed a military delegation from Greece as part of the 85th Anniversary Commemorations of the Battle of Crete.

Adelaide’s Pontian community honours the memory of the victims of the Genocide

Adelaide’s Pontian and wider Greek community gathered on Sunday to commemorate Pontian Greek Genocide Commemoration Day 2026.

‘From Genocide to Regeneration’ presented in Melbourne for first time

The Federation of Pontian Associations of Australia and the Sts Anargiri Greek Language Centre co-hosted a successful presentation.

‘We are custodians of memory’: Melbourne marks Greek Genocide remembrance day

Melbourne paused in solemn unity on Sunday morning as the Pontian Greek Genocide was commemorated with a wreath-laying service.

You May Also Like

Jake Linardos to face larceny charges after cashing in ex-NRL star’s $9787 betting slip

Southeast Sydney man, Jake Linardos, faced court last month after he cashed a betting slip worth $9787 that he found.

Greece secure first ever Olympic medal for water polo

The Greek Water Polo team goes to the Tokyo Olympics finals for the first time in history after an epic win against Hungary.

Field of candidates announced for 2025 Greek Community of Melbourne Board election

Greek Community of Melbourne has officially called elections for a new Board of Directors, with members set to head to the polls on June 29.