Parramatta school in lockdown after teen stabbed multiple times

·

A Western Sydney high school is in lockdown after a teenage boy was stabbed several times. 

The 14-year-old student was stabbed at Arthur Phillips High School in Parramatta around 8.30am. 

Emergency services treated the boy for stab wounds to his back and arm before he was taken to The Children’s Hospital at Westmead for further treatment. 

“Officers from Parramatta Police Area Command have established a crime scene and commenced an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident,” NSW Police have said in a statement.

Arthur Phillip High was sent into lockdown after a student was stabbed. Picture: TNV

No arrests have been made as yet.

Arthur Phillip is the first public high-rise school in NSW.

Only last week, the school published an update on their website urging students, parents and staff to download the NSW Schools app to “be prepared for any emergency.”

“The NSW School Updates App was created to help our parents and carers check on the status of their school during last summer’s bushfire season. And it’s been invaluable during COVID when schools were required to close for deep cleaning,” the message said.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

The last thing born in Ephesus wasn’t marble, and Melbourne has the answer

When you hear the title The Library of Ephesus, you expect marble ruins and dusty scrolls. You do not expect soccer teams, Aristotle Onassis.

Filotimo on a plate: Neoléa and the Cretan Association bring Crete to Adelaide

Neoléa, in collaboration with the Cretan Association of South Australia, hosted an intimate and engaging culinary workshop on Sunday, May 17.

Pallaconians’ OPA Y2K Youth Night brings the 2000s back to Brunswick

More than 100 young people gathered at the Pallaconian Brotherhood’s Laconian House in Brunswick on Saturday, May 9.

South Melbourne FC set for historic OFC Pro League final showdown

South Melbourne FC will contest the inaugural OFC Pro League final against Auckland FC after a 4-0 semi-final win over Vanuatu United FC.

South Melbourne FC hail ‘extraordinary achievement’ after booking OFC Pro League final

South Melbourne FC have reached the inaugural OFC Pro League final with a dominant 4-0 semi-final win over Vanuatu United FC in Auckland.

You May Also Like

TGH Exclusive: Harry Vatiliotis has been hand making exquisite violins for 66 years

Cypriot Australian Harry Vatiliotis has singlehandedly made more than 780 violins, many of which are now played by leading musicians internationally.

Vasili’s Taxidi: Giorgos Kefalas and ‘Kefalas Hardware’ – Marrickville’s iconic shops

By Vasilis Vasilas A few decades ago, in what now seems a very different world and before the multinational companies and franchises, there were some...

Kayla Itsines on her endometriosis battle and what’s next for her fitness business

Kayla Itsines, Sweat with Kayla creator and influencer, speaks about her endometriosis battle with Women's Health.