Notorious buyer behind the big wins for Greek and Cypriot contestants on The Block

·

Notorious Block buyer Danny Wallis has taken home three of this season’s luxe Brighton properties, costing him almost a whopping $12m.

The Melbourne rich lister outplayed The Block’s regular buyer’s advocates and other bidders, who were unable to compete with his incredible knockout bids.

Mr Wallis collected Sarah and George Bragias’ family home for $4,000,0002, Harry and Tash Pavlou’s for $4 million and Daniel and Jade’s for $3.8 million.

READ MORE: George and Sarah Bragias receive incredible $4 million bid in The Block 2020 grand final.

Sarah and George’s home. Photo: realestate.com.au

The IT entrepreneur entered the competition at each auction with blowout bids well above the $3.2-$3.4 million price guides.

Mr Wallis said that even after he had inflated the final prices, the Block homes were “good value for money” and in a “great spot.”

“Number one (Harry and Tash’s) was my favourite. I liked the tree outside, the northern aspect, garage and the house,” Mr Willis told realestate.com.au.

READ MORE: Greek and Cypriot contestants on The Block 2020 reveal their strong bond.

Harry and Tash’s property at 364 New St Brighton was Mr Wallis’ favourite. Photo: realestate.com.au

All contestants were told prior to the bidding last night that Cypriot father-daughter duo Harry and Tash’s property had been the ‘most viewed’ on the popular real-estate website, The Domain. Meanwhile, Sarah and George’s house was voted the ‘people’s favourite’ by Channel 9 audiences.

Both teams had a reserve house price of $3.35 million but that clearly didn’t stop Mr Wallis.

The property investor confirmed he would not be moving into any of his latest purchases — which are all in a row along New Street.

It’s believed he will rent out the properties, which he did last year after buying Mitch and Mark’s St Kilda Oslo townhouse for $3.374m.

He also previously purchased 403 Dorcas St in South Melbourne on the fifth season of The Block for $1,400,001.01, after a number of erratic bids.

READ MORE: Greek and Cypriot contestants battle it out on The Block 2020.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Michael Christofas shortlisted for national portrait prize with tribute to Kastellorizian women

Melbourne photographer Michael Christofas has been named a finalist in the 2026 Percival Photographic Portrait Prize in Townsville.

Memory gathers at double book launch: Rain-soaked readings of migration and storytelling

As rain lashed the windows of St Catherine’s Greek Orthodox Church Hall, warmth gathered around a long table laid with yiayia’s tablecloth.

The last thing born in Ephesus wasn’t marble, and Melbourne has the answer

When you hear the title The Library of Ephesus, you expect marble ruins and dusty scrolls. You do not expect soccer teams, Aristotle Onassis.

Filotimo on a plate: Neoléa and the Cretan Association bring Crete to Adelaide

Neoléa, in collaboration with the Cretan Association of South Australia, hosted an intimate and engaging culinary workshop on Sunday, May 17.

Pallaconians’ OPA Y2K Youth Night brings the 2000s back to Brunswick

More than 100 young people gathered at the Pallaconian Brotherhood’s Laconian House in Brunswick on Saturday, May 9.

You May Also Like

The heartbeat of Hellenism: Antipodes Festival returns to Melbourne with a bang

The Antipodes Festival took place on Lonsdale Street in Melbourne over the weekend - the largest celebration of Greek culture outside Greece. 

The Larcos family: Navigating generational trauma from the Turkish invasion of Cyprus

The Larcos family could never have anticipated the upheaval that awaited them when they made the decision to relocate from Australia to Cyprus.

Remembering George Antoniou: A lifetime of service to the Greek Australian community

The Greek Australian community is mourning the loss of much-loved George Antoniou, who passed away on 19 July 2025 at the age of 98.