Keftedes (Greek meatballs) are a popular Greek appetizer, often served with tzatziki and pita bread.
Keftedakia are filled with rich, flavourful ingredients that create a delicious snack or even a meal for the whole family to enjoy!
Follow our simple recipe to make Greek meatballs at home!
- 1kg ground beef
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 medium clove of garlic, minced
- 1 grated tomato
- 150g breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 bunch chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 200g flour
- Olive oil
- Begin by adding the ground beef, breadcrumbs, tomato, onion, garlic, herbs, spices, seasonings and egg into a large bowl. With clean hands, mix well for about 5 – 10 minutes. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge for 1 hour
- Place 200g of flour onto a plate
- Remove the meat mixture from the fridge and roll into meatballs the size of a golf ball and roll in the plate of flour, ensuring the entire surface is covered
- Once all meatballs have been shaped and coated in flour, it’s time to start frying! Fill a deep pan with olive oil (enough to cover the meatballs) and turn on the heat
- Once the pan is hot and the oil is ready, begin frying the meatballs in oil. Continue to turn around and remove once nicely browned on all sides.
- Place the meatballs on a place with a paper towel to drain the excess oil
- Transfer the meatballs onto a serving dish and enjoy!