More cultural events and festivals heading for local streets in NSW in 2023

·

Another 122 community and not-for-profit groups will be able to host cultural celebrations in their local communities next year thanks to more funding awarded by the NSW Government.

Minister for Multiculturalism Mark Coure said the groups had received a share of more than $1 million through the Stronger Together Festival and Events Grants program to host the events and festivals.

“Local streets right across our state are set to become so much brighter next year, thanks to each of the 122 local events we are funding,” Mr Coure said.

“These events are important for so many reasons; they celebrate our unique diversity, they bring people together and they break down barriers, which fosters greater understanding and respect between people.”

Each of the community groups received grants between $5,000 and $15,000 to host cultural events and festivals between 1 February and 30 June 2023.

Mr Coure said the grants program had been boosted from $500,000 to $1 million thanks to the 2022-23 NSW Budget.

“This year, through the Stronger Together Festivals Grants program, the NSW Liberals and Nationals have funded 283 community organisations with $2,098,329 to host events and festivals in their local areas,” Mr Coure said.

“Each of these events is a reflection of the rich diversity of our communities right across the state.

“This is one of the great things about our diversity here in NSW—you don’t need to travel overseas to experience the colour and vibrancy of other cultures, you can do it right here at home.”

For more information about the Stronger Together Festival and Events Grants program, visit www.multicultural.nsw.gov.au.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

South Melbourne FC and Heidelberg United FC off to winning starts in NPL Victoria

South Melbourne FC and Heidelberg United FC opened the new Victorian National Premier League season with wins.

George Calombaris returns to Melbourne with Auto Greek pop-up

George Calombaris is returning to Melbourne’s hospitality scene with Auto Greek, a one-month pop-up opening February 27.

Luke Sparos named as alleged mastermind of Moradian gangland murder

Luke Sparos has been identified as the man police allege orchestrated the 2023 execution-style killing of underworld figure Alen Moradian.

Sydney Olympic FC five-star display crushes SD Raiders FC

Sydney Olympic produced a commanding 5-1 victory over newly promoted SD Raiders FC in Round 2 of the NPL Men’s NSW.

Former Metropolitan Amphilochios of Ganos and Chora passes away

The former Metropolitan of Ganos and Chora, Amphilochios, died on Sunday, February 15, Archimandrite Nektarios Pokkias announced.

You May Also Like

Greek-owned fashion retailer Harrolds goes into liquidation with $16 million debt

Australian luxury fashion retailer Harrolds renowned for attracting celebrities has entered liquidation, leaving behind debts of $16 million.

Chris Savva on impact of seafood shortage for Catholic Easter feast

Morningside fish market "The Fish Factory" get thousands of customers filing through its doors over the Catholic Easter period, looking to snap up the...

Steve Dimopoulos secures top job as Victorian Minister for Tourism, Sport and Creative Industries

Steve Dimopoulos has been named Victorian Minister for Tourism, Sport and Major Events, as well as Minister for Creative Industries.