Andrew Liveris appointed co-chair of NT’s Economic Reconstruction Commission

·

Darwin-born businessman Andrew Liveris, previously hand-picked by US President Donald Trump to head the American Manufacturing Council, will co-chair the NT’s new Economic Reconstruction Commission.

Mr Liveris and former NT Chief Minister, Paul Henderson, will head the eight-person Economic Reconstruction Commission, which aims to attract investment to the Territory and create local jobs post-coronavirus pandemic.

Michael Gunner, the current NT Chief Minister, made the announcement of the appointments on Wednesday and thanked Mr Liveris for agreeing to add the commission to his busy schedule.

Darwin-born businessman, Andrew Liveris, will co-chair the NT’s new Economic Reconstruction Commission.

“We all know Andrew’s story. He’s long been a global power player but he’s always been a Territory boy,” Mr Gunner said.

“Andrew believes the Territory can be an energy and manufacturing powerhouse and I agree with him.

“He’s helped the President make things in America, he’s helped the Prime Minister make things here in Australia and we want him to help us make things here.”

Mr Liveris, a 66-year-old oil and gas executive, provided advice on manufacturing to Mr Trump and his predecessor, Barack Obama.

He is also currently a special adviser to the National COVID-19 Coordination Commission.

“The Commission is not about putting subsidies and tariffs in place. It’s about creating a policy framework to double down and create local capabilities in Australia,” Mr Liveris said when was announced as an advisor.

READ MORE: Andrew Liveris has a plan to boost local manufacturing in Australia.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Panarcadians Mother’s Day luncheon honours the mother tongue

The Panarcadian Association of Melbourne transformed its annual Mother’s Day luncheon into both a celebration and act of resistance.

St George College hosts Greek military delegation for Battle of Crete commemorations

St George College has welcomed a military delegation from Greece as part of the 85th Anniversary Commemorations of the Battle of Crete.

Adelaide’s Pontian community honours the memory of the victims of the Genocide

Adelaide’s Pontian and wider Greek community gathered on Sunday to commemorate Pontian Greek Genocide Commemoration Day 2026.

‘From Genocide to Regeneration’ presented in Melbourne for first time

The Federation of Pontian Associations of Australia and the Sts Anargiri Greek Language Centre co-hosted a successful presentation.

‘We are custodians of memory’: Melbourne marks Greek Genocide remembrance day

Melbourne paused in solemn unity on Sunday morning as the Pontian Greek Genocide was commemorated with a wreath-laying service.

You May Also Like

Louvre museum set to host ‘Olympism’ exhibition

Ahead of the 2024 Paris Olympics, the Louvre Museum has announced a new exhibition delving into the rich history of the Olympics.

HACCI National Federation names new Chair and unveils stronger national collaboration

The HACCI National Federation has announced that HACCI NSW has officially joined the National Federation. Read more updates here.

Commemoration events to be held in NSW to honour victims of the Greek Genocide

Pontoxeniteas NSW, Panagia Soumela Sydney, and Diogenes Wollongong invite the community to two events commemorating the Greek Genocide.