15-year-old Despina Savva excited to showcase singing talent in Voice Australia 2020 premiere

·

15-year-old Despina Savva is prepared to shock judges and viewers with her blind audition to be showcased on Nine Network’s The Voice Australia on Sunday May 24.

The Greek Australian was revealed as one of the featured blind auditions for the premiere this Sunday in an Instagram Story on The Voice Australia’s official Instagram page.

The Greek Herald spoke exclusively to the Sydney girl ahead of her blind audition premiere, with Despina revealing that the audition process was the “most amazing experience”.

“Auditioning for The Voice Australia 2020 was the most amazing experience! It has always been my dream to be on The Voice and now that I’m actually on it, it doesn’t feel real!

“I had so much excitement and adrenaline in me and was nervous to see if I would even get a chair turn!”

Despina is currently in Year 10 at Danebank Anglican School For Girls, with the Hurstville school rallying behind their talented student.

“All the best Despina, we are all supporting you!”, Danebank wrote on their official Facebook page.

The Voice Australia will premiere this Sunday on May 24 at 7pm on the 9 Network.

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Fresco of Helen of Troy uncovered at Pompeii

Nearly 2,000 years since it was buried by volcanic rubble, the lost city of Pompeii is yielding even more impressive discoveries. According to msn.com, archeologists...

New casual Greek restaurant brings meze and cocktails to Adelaide’s CBD

Andrew Papadakis, the visionary who founded and successfully sold Meze Mazi, returns to the vibrant Adelaide restaurant scene with his newest venture, Dino’s. According to...

Two Greek women included in ’30 Under 30′ Forbes list

In this year's European Forbes "30 Under 30" list, two exceptional Greek women have managed to stand out for their successful paths in two...

2,300-year-old tomb unearthed in Greece

A tomb in the ancient Macedonian city of Aegae in modern Vergina, Greece, has been unearthed according to an All That’s Interesting report. The tomb is believed...

Yorgos Lanthimos’ new movie ‘Kinds of Kindness’ included in Cannes lineup

New films from Yorgos Lanthimos, Andrea Arnold and Francis Ford Coppola, as well as a portrait of 1980s Donald Trump, will compete for the...

You May Also Like

Greek Community of Melbourne pays tribute to Councillors of Greek heritage

Victoria’s Councilors of Greek heritage were honoured for their contribution to public life by the Greek Community of Melbourne (GCM) in a special event...

On this day: Murder of Greek Student Alexandros Grigorpoulos

By Victoria Loutas On December 6th 2008, 15-year-old student Alexandros Grigoropoulos was shot and killed by a police officer in Exarchia, Greece. The murder triggered...

Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew meets with US President Joe Biden

Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, the spiritual leader of Eastern Orthodox Christians, was released from a Washington hospital on Monday morning after an overnight stay early in his...