SA-Best candidate, Ian Markos, raises concerns over government debt and spending

·

South Australia’s Liberal government has released its policy costings and says it will not be making any further funding commitments, ABC News reports.

The expenditure list released today shows $288 million in new funding is required to pay for the Liberal Party’s election commitments. 

SA Treasurer, Rob Lucas, said the announcement was an attempt to “force” Opposition Leader Peter Malinauskas to explain how Labor’s pre-election promises will be funded. 

Mr Malinauskas said all of Labor’s policies had been fully costed and that he would be announcing all of the budget numbers on Thursday.

SA-BEST candidates Keyvan Abak (far left) and Ian Markos (far right) with MLCs Frank Pangallo and Connie Bonaros.

READ MORE: Ian Markos named lead SA-BEST Upper House candidate.

In response, SA Best’s lead Upper House candidate, Ian Markos, accused the government and other major parties of being dishonest in their insistence that taxes would not increase to pay for their promises.

“BS has its own sound and that’s what you’re hearing now,” Mr Markos told ABC News.

If elected to the Legislative Council, Mr Markos said SA Best would advocate for wide-ranging tax reforms, including to stamp duty, payroll tax and slashing the “outrageous cost” of registering land titles.

READ MORE: ‘Feels good to help’: Paul Alexandrides to contest seat of Colton in SA election.

Source: ABC News.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

South Melbourne FC finish runners-up after strong OFC Pro League campaign

South Melbourne FC’s remarkable run in the inaugural OFC Pro League came to a narrow end on Sunday night, with Hellas going down 2-1...

The power of scrap paper: A soldier’s Battle of Crete journey resurrected

Anthony’s journey into the stories of Crete’s wartime past began with a discovery linking his family to the Greek-ANZAC alliance of WWII.

Sydney’s best Greek restaurants for an authentic Mediterranean feast

Sydney’s Greek dining scene is thriving, offering everything from classic souvlaki to elevated Mediterranean feasts.

Andrew Cochineas sets Mosman record with $50 million mansion purchase

Andrew Cochineas and his wife Lisette have emerged as the buyers behind Mosman’s record-breaking $50 million mansion sale.

Greece unveils its first humanoid robot for factory work

Greece has taken a step into advanced robotics with the creation of the country’s first domestically developed industrial humanoid robot.

You May Also Like

The Hellenic Initiative raises $600,000 for Greek wildfire relief

The supporters of The Hellenic Initiative around the world responded strongly to its call to come to the aid of the people of Greece.

Erica and Andreas Karageorgopoulos changed their lifestyle and lost over 100kg together

Melbourne couple, Erica and Andreas Karageorgopoulos, changed their lifestyle and lost over 100kg together.

Labor announces $1.8 million in funding for five Greek Centre hubs

Photo: The Greek Herald/Argyro Vourdoumpa