‘This is my home’: Giannis Antetokounmpo signs five year contract extension with Bucks

·

The Greek Freak has pledged his career allegiance with the Milwaukee Bucks, announcing a new five-year contract extension with his current NBA team.

Making the announcement to his Twitter and social media followers, Giannis said it’s time to “make these years count”.

“This is my home, this is my city… I’m blessed to be able to be part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years.”

His agent, Alex Saratsis, told ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski that it will be for the full five-year, US $228 million supermax, including an opt-out after the fourth year.

The Milwaukee Bucks star won his second NBA MVP award this year, making him the first Greek to ever receive two of the prestigious awards.

Giannis Antetokounmpo’s had another historic year with the Bucks in the 2020 season, boasting an impressive stat line of 29.5/13.6/5.6. He had already won the Defensive Player of the Year award this season, making him the 3rd player in history to win MVP and DPOY in the same season.

He led the Bucks to the NBA’s best record this season, before Milwaukee was ousted from the playoffs by Miami in the Eastern Conference semifinals.

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Aaron Zerefos Enterprises acquires Fresco Beverages 

Aaron Zerefos has announced the acquisition of the Fresco Beverages business, enhancing his hold on the Australian drink distribution market. 

Feros Group to take over premier waterfront venue in Darling Harbour

The Feros Group has announced they now own and operate the iconic Helm Bar & Bistro in Sydney's Darling Harbour.

Peter Mamouzelos aims to play in Greece as rugby league grows

Peter Mamouzelos has expressed his ambition to play rugby league in Greece, a goal that has been hindered in the past due to the sport's ban.

Trust-building steps taken in Cyprus, but peace talks still elusive

Cyprus' rival leaders, Greek Cypriot President Nikos Christodoulides and Turkish Cypriot leader Ersin Tatar, made some progress on Wednesday.

Greece to invest 25 billion euros in major defence revamp

Greece is set to invest 25 billion euros in a comprehensive defence overhaul, marking the "most drastic" transformation in its modern history.

You May Also Like

Bill Drakopoulos’ ‘The Kiosk’ at Nielsen Park reopens

Nielsen Park’s Shark Beach and its much-loved kiosk are finally reopening, with the construction fencing coming down today.

Winners announced for The Greek Herald’s OXI Day competition

More than 50 young people, aged 10 to 17, participated in The Greek Herald's OXI Day 80th anniversary competition.

More evacuations expected as saturated areas of Western Sydney receive more rain

The SES has issued evacuation orders for Sydney's west and northwestern suburbs as a once-in-50-year rain event threatens homes.