Tennis officials warn of stricter punishments for on-court misconduct after Kyrgios incident

·

The ATP has warned players in an internal note on Monday that tennis officials will dish out stricter punishments for on-court misconduct, ABC News reports.

ATP Chairman, Andrea Gaudenzi, said in a note seen by Reuters: “Effective immediately and as we head into the clay court swing, the ATP officiating team has been directed to take a stricter stance in judging violations of the Code of Conduct.”

“Additionally, we are also undertaking a review of the Code, as well as the disciplinary processes, to ensure that it provides appropriate and up-to-date penalties for serious violations and repeat offenders,” Mr Gaudenzi added.

Nick Kyrgios. Photo: SMG via ZUMA Press Wire.

This warning comes as the men’s governing body reviews its guidelines in an attempt to clamp down on repeat offenders such as Nick Kyrgios and Germany’s Alexander Zverev.

Just last month, Kyrgios was fined $80,000 for a series of angry outbursts at the Indian Wells and Miami Open events.

The ATP came under fire for what many pundits and fans perceived to be soft punishments from the governing body.

READ MORE: Nick Kyrgios confirms he will feature in upcoming Netflix documentary series.

Source: ABC News.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Athenian Association of NSW hosts ‘Rebetiko of Athens’ evening

Athenian Association of NSW hosted a special cultural evening in Lakemba celebrating the history and legacy of Greek rebetiko music.

Australian Hellenic Choir to present tribute concert honouring Giorgos Zambetas

Australian Hellenic Choir will present a tribute concert celebrating the music and legacy of Greek artist Giorgos Zambetas in Sydney.

Chris Christofi honoured in Cyprus for philanthropy

Chris Christofi has received a philanthropy honour in Cyprus, for his charitable work and community impact at the CYDIA Awards 2026.

St Spyridon College marks 85th anniversary of the Battle of Crete

St Spyridon College commemorated the 85th anniversary of the Battle of Crete with a wreath-laying ceremony.

Arthur Diles departs Melbourne Victory after Grand Final season

Melbourne Victory has confirmed the departure of head coach Arthur Diles following the conclusion of his contract.

You May Also Like

New media diversity directory features Greek and Cypriot experts

Media Diversity Australia have recently released a directory to help news media access diverse multicultural talent and voices for interviews.

International artist Danae Stratou set to unveil major artwork in Western Australia

Renowned Greek artist, Danae Stratou, is set to unveil a major site-responsive artwork at The Farm Margaret River in Western Australia.

‘Time for acts to break inaction’: Greek PM introduces harsher punishments for sexual abuse

“Greek society underwent a shock when it began to learn about its hidden facades,” Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis said in parliament.