Nick Kyrgios withdraws from Wimbledon

·

Nick Kyrgios has withdrawn from Wimbledon this year after experiencing a torn ligament in his wrist.

Kyrgios made the announcement on Monday morning on his Instagram stories.

“I tried my hardest to be ready after my surgery and to be able to step on the Wimbledon courts again,” Kyrgios said in his post.

“During my comeback, I experienced some pain in my wrist during the week of Mallorca. As a precaution I had it scanned and it came back showing a torn ligament in my wrist. I tried everything to be able to play and I am disappointed to say that I just didn’t have enough time to manage it before Wimbledon.”

Kyrgios made the final of Wimbledon last year, losing to Novak Djokovic in four sets.

The tennis star missed the entire start of the 2023 season after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his left knee in January. Kyrgios made his return last month in Stuttgart, where he lost to Wu Yibing in the first round.

He said despite this latest hurdle, he will “be back.”

“And as always, I appreciate the support from all my fans.” Kyrgios said.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

South Melbourne FC finish runners-up after strong OFC Pro League campaign

South Melbourne FC’s remarkable run in the inaugural OFC Pro League came to a narrow end on Sunday night, with Hellas going down 2-1...

The power of scrap paper: A soldier’s Battle of Crete journey resurrected

Anthony’s journey into the stories of Crete’s wartime past began with a discovery linking his family to the Greek-ANZAC alliance of WWII.

Sydney’s best Greek restaurants for an authentic Mediterranean feast

Sydney’s Greek dining scene is thriving, offering everything from classic souvlaki to elevated Mediterranean feasts.

Andrew Cochineas sets Mosman record with $50 million mansion purchase

Andrew Cochineas and his wife Lisette have emerged as the buyers behind Mosman’s record-breaking $50 million mansion sale.

Greece unveils its first humanoid robot for factory work

Greece has taken a step into advanced robotics with the creation of the country’s first domestically developed industrial humanoid robot.

You May Also Like

Steven Gelagotis one of eight ‘everyday heroes’ voicing the Australian Open

Greek Australian paramedic, Steven Gelagotis, will have his voice featured in the line calling for the Australian Open 2021.

Charles Upham: The only combat soldier with two Victoria Crosses after bravery in Crete, Egypt

Charles Upham is the only combat soldier with two Victoria Crosses after his bravery in Crete and Egypt. This is his story.

New Benaki Museum in Melbourne set to be first of its kind outside of Greece

Fevelopers have teamed with The Hellenic Museum to construct a new Greek museum, making Melbourne the first city to house a permanent Benaki Museum outside of Greece.