Nick Kyrgios labels Djokovic a ‘tool’ for outrageous Australian Open demands

·

Nick Kyrgios has yet again taken to social media to hit out at World No.1 Novak Djokovic after he released a set of six demands for Australian Open players currently stuck in hotel quarantine.

There are currently 72 players confined to their hotel rooms, unable to access the five hours of practise time and training others can.

Djokovic issued a letter to Tennis Australia urging tournament director Craig Tiley to support players, including:

  • Fitness and training material in all rooms
  • Better food for elite athletes, following players taking aim at the meals on offer
  • Reduce the days of isolation for players in hard isolation and carry out more tests to confirm they are negative
  • Permission to visit your coach or physical trainer, as long as both have passed the tests
  • Grant both the player and his coach permission to be on the same floor of the hotel
  • Move as many players as possible to private houses with a tennis court to facilitate training

Kyrgios, ranked 47th in the world, took to Twitter on Monday night to slam the World No. 1.

“Djokovic is a tool,” Kyrgios wrote while sharing a news report.

Kyrgios also hit out at Bernard Tomic’s girlfriend, Vanessa Sierra, who complained about ‘having to wash her own hair’.

“I don’t mind Bernie but his Mrs obviously has no perspective, ridiculous scenes,” Kyrgios wrote.

READ MORE: Novak Djokovic testing positive for coronavirus ‘takes the cake’, Kyrgios says

Kyrgios has previously shown annoyance at Djokovic’s ‘relaxed’ attitude towards the coronavirus disease. In June 2020, the height of the COVID-19 pandemic in certain countries, Djokovic was caught dancing in a nightclub with other US Open tournament players.

“Prayers up to all the players that have contracted Covid- 19,” Kyrgios said, retweeting a video of the players dancing shirtless in Belgrade.

“Don’t @ me for anything I’ve done that has been ‘irresponsible’ or classified as ‘stupidity’ – this takes the cake.” 

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

The power of scrap paper: A soldier’s Battle of Crete journey resurrected

Anthony’s journey into the stories of Crete’s wartime past began with a discovery linking his family to the Greek-ANZAC alliance of WWII.

Sydney’s best Greek restaurants for an authentic Mediterranean feast

Sydney’s Greek dining scene is thriving, offering everything from classic souvlaki to elevated Mediterranean feasts.

Andrew Cochineas sets Mosman record with $50 million mansion purchase

Andrew Cochineas and his wife Lisette have emerged as the buyers behind Mosman’s record-breaking $50 million mansion sale.

Greece unveils its first humanoid robot for factory work

Greece has taken a step into advanced robotics with the creation of the country’s first domestically developed industrial humanoid robot.

Pontic Greek genocide to become part of Cyprus school curriculum

Public schools across Cyprus will officially teach and commemorate the genocide of the Pontic Greeks.

You May Also Like

Dementia becomes Australia’s leading cause of death, report warns

Dementia has overtaken all other conditions as the leading cause of death in Australia, according to a new report.

Nick Politis and Peter V’landys named among Sydney’s top 100 most powerful people

The Daily Telegraph has revealed it's 'Power 100' list and two Australians of Greek heritage, Nick Politis and Peter V'landys, are named.

Cyprus wants halloumi to be exported to Australia duty-free

Cyprus' Agriculture Minister Petros Xenophontos said on Tuesday that halloumi cheese should be exported to Australia duty-free.