Marcus Stoinis re-signs with Melbourne Stars for three years

·

The Greek Australian cricketer, Marcus Stoinis, has re-signed with the Melbourne Stars, extending his time at the KFC Big Bash club to a 14th season after signing a three-year deal

The 34-year-old, who arrived at the Stars in 2013-14 (BBL|03) following a season at the Perth Scorchers, is set to remain at the Victorian club until season 2026-27 (BBL|16).

The Australian 2021 T20 World Cup winner is one of Stars’ greatest ever players, coming second in the all-time run scorers at the club and sixth in the wicket takers.

Stoinis has played 98 games for the Stars and will become just the second player to reach the 100-game milestone at the club.

“Marcus is obviously one of the most experienced and well performed T20 players in Australia over the last decade and for him to commit for another three seasons is a great demonstration of the faith he has in where we are headed,” Melbourne Stars General Manager Blair Crouch said.

“He is one of the most in-demand T20 players in the world and as we saw on New Year’s Eve again this year, when he was at his destructive best, he is one of very few players who can win a match off his own bat. 

“As well as what Marcus brings on the field, he, along with the other senior players will play a huge role over the next few years in developing the next generation at the Stars.”

Stoinis has previously represented Australia at ODI level as well as in major T20 cricket competitions around the world including the IPL.

Source: Cricket Australia.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Helping Heidi reclaim her life from Stage 4 endometriosis

Heidi S thought she was coping.For years, she endured heavy bleeding, clots, anaemia, and crippling pain. She pushed through.

Jacquelene Tsovolos: Honouring the past to build the Cypriot youth of tomorrow

When Jacquelene Tsovolos thinks about identity, she thinks of “the stories you’re handed down before you’re old enough to understand.”

SA Labor pledges $200,000 to Hellenic Studies Foundation scholarship program

SA Labor has committed $200,000 to establish a new scholarship program honouring the Very Reverend Father Diogenis Patsouris OAM.

Roselands set for $55 million redevelopment to modernise Sydney mall

Roselands, one of Sydney’s oldest shopping centres, is set for a $55 million upgrade under a HomeCo proposal lodged.

Mitsotakis looks to expand Greece-India cooperation at AI summit

Greek PM Kyriakos Mitsotakis said he aims to give the Greece-India strategic partnership a “significant boost” during a visit to India.

You May Also Like

Festival Hellenika to host ‘Magna Graecia’ film screening in SA

Festival Hellenika will host the ‘Magna Graecia: The Greko of Calabria’ talk and short film screening on Friday, May 31 at 7pm.

Coronavirus cases in Greece hit quadruple digits as third wave fears grow

Greece on Tuesday recorded 1,261 new cases of coronavirus and 22 fatalities, hitting quadruple digits for the first time since December. Eighteen of the...

German Chancellor condemns Turkish challenges against Greece’s sovereignty

German Chancellor, Olaf Scholz has condemned Turkey’s position challenging Greece’s sovereignty over its Aegean islands.