SA homes finally close to completion after builder went into liquidation

·

Around 20 home buyers were left with the skeletons of a home in abandoned, unfinished developments at O’Halloran Hill after their builder Felmeri Homes entered liquidation in July 2023.

Among them was Adelaide man Edward Gilmore who hoped to be raising his first-born in his new home before he became a toddler. Four years after he approved the build, his family has grown and they finally moved into their O’Halloran Hill property recently.

“It has been relatively traumatic, especially for those who have been financially impacted pretty heavily, have moved back in with family and watched interest rates go up and up during the construction loan, unable to lock it down,” Mr Gilmore told ABC News.

South Australian Infrastructure Minister Tom Koutsantonis. Photo: Matt Turner.

The South Australian government invested over $4 million to have the infrastructure completed.

South Australian Infrastructure Minister Tom Koutsantonis said it was “gratifying to see some residents” moving into their homes.

“The level of service work required on this project was significantly higher than could have been expected, given the condition the project was left in, with some essential services poorly installed or not installed at all,” Mr Koutsantonis said.

Mr Koutsantonis also added the state government continues to “actively work through options to recoup all taxpayer money spent” to fund the incomplete infrastructure.

An investigation into Felmeri by Consumer and Business Services that began in 2023 continues.

Source: ABC News.

Cretan Convention - Web Banner

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Melbourne Food & Wine Festival serves Greek heritage at World’s Longest Lunch

The Melbourne Food & Wine Festival will run from 20 to 29 March, offering a 10-day program of 200 events.

AI artist Dimitrii becomes breakout star for rejected creator

A Melbourne creator who spent decades facing rejection in the entertainment industry has unexpectedly broken through thanks to AI persona.

Theo James draws on Greek family history to urge Korean support for refugees

For actor and UNHCR goodwill ambassador Theo James, the global refugee crisis is rooted in a personal story.

Alex Mangos brings mango season to Christmas in Oran Park

Alex Mangos has given his usual Christmas setup a tropical makeover this year, marking the arrival of mango season with a playful twist.

Greece draws wealth: Over 1,200 millionaires expected to relocate in 2025

Recent arrivals-from Novak Djokovic to investors like Richard Xiao and Tom Greenwood-reflect a broader pattern.

You May Also Like

St Basil’s Homes Fawkner Chairman Konstantin Kontis releases open letter to inform public on the situation

Following the recent COVID-19 outbreak at St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner, after five deaths and amid allegations that the facility failed...

Slain Melbourne man Athan Boursinos linked to 2022 underworld probe

Slain Melbourne gangland figure Athan Boursinos, who was gunned down in his Wollert driveway on July 31, had previously been a key suspect.

Greek BBQ to be held at historic Saint Sophia Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Paddington

Sydney's Greek community is invited to attend a barbeque fundraiser this Sunday at the Saint Sophia Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Paddington.