Pat Kominos calls for urgent action after pedestrian hit by bus in Adelaide

·

A pedestrian was struck by a bus on Hackney Rd in Adelaide’s east during peak hour, prompting renewed calls for a pedestrian crossing, with local shop manager Pat Kominos stating the accident was “inevitable.”

Emergency services were called to the scene just after 8.45am following reports of a serious collision, leaving one person injured and debris scattered on the road.

Kominos, who manages Vailima Gardens Retirement Village, said she had been campaigning for almost two decades for a safe pedestrian crossing in the area.

“We’ve been rallying for almost 17, 18 years to try and get a pedestrian crossing, make it safe for people to cross,” she told The Advertiser. “This was just our worst nightmare.”

Kominos believes a couple in their mid-50s were attempting to cross Hackney Rd when the man was struck.

Following the accident, Hackney Rd was reduced to a single lane between Cambridge St and Vailima Court.

Kominos and other residents are urging authorities to finally implement long-overdue safety measures before another tragedy occurs.

Source: The Advertiser

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Melbourne Food & Wine Festival serves Greek heritage at World’s Longest Lunch

The Melbourne Food & Wine Festival will run from 20 to 29 March, offering a 10-day program of 200 events.

AI artist Dimitrii becomes breakout star for rejected creator

A Melbourne creator who spent decades facing rejection in the entertainment industry has unexpectedly broken through thanks to AI persona.

Theo James draws on Greek family history to urge Korean support for refugees

For actor and UNHCR goodwill ambassador Theo James, the global refugee crisis is rooted in a personal story.

Alex Mangos brings mango season to Christmas in Oran Park

Alex Mangos has given his usual Christmas setup a tropical makeover this year, marking the arrival of mango season with a playful twist.

Greece draws wealth: Over 1,200 millionaires expected to relocate in 2025

Recent arrivals-from Novak Djokovic to investors like Richard Xiao and Tom Greenwood-reflect a broader pattern.

You May Also Like

Sophie Cotsis MP hosts the 6th annual brain cancer awareness event at NSW Parliament

The Brain Cancer Group and Brain Tumor Alliance Australia held its 6th Annual awareness raising event hosted by The Hon. Sophie Costis MP.

Prince Michael of Greece dies aged 85

Prince Michael of Greece and Denmark was pronounced dead at age 85 on Sunday, July 28. The royal passed away at an Athens hospital.

44th National Cretan Federation Convention to be held in Sydney

The 44th National Cretan Federation Convention will be hosted by the Cretan Association of Sydney and NSW from in 2026.