Greek billionaire to pay $58 million to his assistant for sexual harassment

·

A woman who once worked for businessman Alkiviades “Alki” David won her sexual harassment suit against the Greek billionaire, with jurors ordering David to pay $58 million (€52 million) in damages, her lawyer said on Monday.

According to Attorney Gloria Allred and her associates, David would regularly grab the claimant, Mahim Khan, by the neck and simulate oral sex. This would allegedly happen twice or three times a week.

The LA panel also heard that David repeatedly groped Khan and exposed her breasts on one occasion. A jury eventually found him liable for battery, sexual battery, and sexual harassment.

Allred said it was one the biggest sums to ever be awarded in a case like this. She noted that “women like Ms Khan are no longer willing to suffer in silence.”

‘System is broken’

Khan worked as production assistant in David’s LA based-firms. The Greek national is an heir to the Coca-Cola Hellenic shipping and bottling company and also heads several media firms, including hologram and online streaming businesses. His net worth is estimated at $2.6 billion.

David started the trial representing himself but was stripped of this right after repeated profanity-laced outbursts against Khan and her lawyers. He denied her claims and accused the judge of blocking witnesses who would speak in his favor.

“This trial proves that not only is the system broken,” he said in a statement on Monday. “It’s in a state of emergency. It’s an emergency for employment law, for business and innovation in the state of California.”

The businessman is set to appeal the decision.

The latest verdict comes after David was ordered to pay a total of over $14 million to two different women earlier this year in similar cases.

Sourced by: (AFP, AP)

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Where do Greek Australians stand? Public forum to tackle sovereignty, republic and identity

The public forum will examine questions of Indigenous sovereignty, republicanism and the place of Greeks within Australia.

Pontian Australians issue open letter to Greek PM over Kemal remarks, deportation case

The Federation of Pontian Associations of Australia has issued an open letter to Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis.

$1.5 billion redevelopment approved for former Danias Group site in Marrickville

A $1.5 billion redevelopment of a former Danias Group site in Marrickville has been approved. Read more here.

Turkey challenges Greek offshore energy plans south of Crete

Turkey has objected to Greece’s approval of offshore energy exploration south of Crete, calling the move a violation of international law.

Father Antonios convicted on multiple abuse charges in Ark of the World case

Father Antonios has been sentenced to 9.5 years’ imprisonment, commuted to a fine exceeding €60,000, after Greece’s court found him guilty.

You May Also Like

Stefanos Tsitsipas victory brings Greek closer to third straight Marseille title

Stefanos Tsitsipas took one step closer to securing a three-peat in Marseille after defeating Lucas Pouille 6-2, 6-3 to reach the quarter-finals of the Open 13 Provence.

Zeibekiko Festival Australia 2025: Ten days of dance, music and memory

Ventouris Productions proudly presents the 3rd Zeibekiko Festival Australia, running from 3 to 12 October 2025 across Sydney and Melbourne.

Alphington Grammar loses fight to stop construction of mental health facility next door

Alphington Grammar, launched an unsuccessful legal bid to block a 24-hour mental health facility from being built next door.