Coronavirus: Greece to accelerate recruitment of medical staff in hospitals, labs, entrance gates

·

Greece has decided to accelerate the recruitment of health personnel as one of the alert measures of the country to deal with possible infections of coronavirus. This was decided at the meeting of the National Public Health Council on Monday with the aim to shield Greece against the disease.

Recruited will be doctors, nurses, paramedics and lab specialists who will fill personnel shortage sin hospitals, laboratories and entrance gates in the countries.

Professor for Infectious Diseases Sotiris Tsiodras said after the meeting that in the coming weeks there could be a coronavirus infection in the country.

He revealed that  28 “pseudo-suspected cases” have so far been tested in the epidemiological laboratories, and that all tests were “negative.”

Health Minister Vassilis Kikkilias advised citizens to pay no attention to rumors and follow the protection guidelines by the epidemiologists at the National Health Organization.

Meanwhile, there are reports that Chinese nationals have increasingly purchased masks to sent them to China.

The President of Pharmacists Association in Piraeus, Konstantinos Kouvaris, told newsit that Chinese nationals were buying masks in bulks, 200-300 masks, to send them to relatives in their home country. They would come from Cosco, from the port form cruise ships, especially in the first days of the coronavirus outbreak and we would not know why, he added.

Sourced via Greek Media Group.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

SBS World News highlights The Greek Herald’s 100-year legacy

Australia’s multicultural media landscape has turned its attention to SBS News, which this week aired a feature on The Greek Herald.

Greek and Australian Ambassadors honour shared ANZAC and Cretan legacy

The Ambassador of Greece to Australia and the Ambassador of Australia to Greece have issued commemorative messages.

Cretan Federation leaders honour Battle of Crete legacy on 85th anniversary

Leaders of the Cretan Federation of Australia and NZ have issued commemorative messages marking the 85th anniversary of the Battle of Crete.

Tracking ANZACs from Australia to Crete through art

An artist-driven exhibition retracing the path of ANZAC forces during the World War II campaigns in Greece and Crete will open this month.

History, memory and geopolitics explored in Dean Kalimniou’s Pontus lecture

The Greek Community of Melbourne’s History and Culture Seminar Series continued on Tuesday evening with a deeply engaging lecture.

You May Also Like

Professor James Arvanitakis becomes new Director of Forrest Research Foundation

Professor James Arvanitakis has been appointed the new Director of the Forrest Research Foundation in Western Australia.

Greek virtuoso duet from Istanbul to make Australian debut

Sydney-based Melisma Ensemble, and its director Dimitri Koubaroulis, are bringing NikoTeini duet from Instanbul to Australia for their debut tour.

Tasmania hosts moving tribute to 84th anniversary of the Battle of Crete

The Battle of Crete was officially marked in Hobart, Tasmania, this past weekend, launching the nationwide commemorations.