ADVERTISEMENTspot_img

Features

‘You don’t look Greek’ and my DNA test story

by Kathy Karageorgiou Growing up in Australia, I always knew I was 'other' than the mainstream Aussie tribe. For a start, I was a...

10 Australians of Greek heritage named on the Financial Review’s Rich List 2022

The Australian Financial Review has released its Rich List for 2022 and among the names are at least 10 Australians of Greek heritage. Who...

‘A blow through corridors of power’: Elena Carapetis on her adaptation of Antigone

A Greek play written a few millennia ago can still be spectacularly relevant today. Playwright Elena Carapetis brings the first heroine of western drama raging...

‘I was lucky’: How Nick Andrianakos went from petrol-pumping to Australian billionaire

Melbourne entrepreneur, Nick Andrianakos, has opened up recently to The Australian Financial Review about his life story and how patience, a passion for property...

‘South Australia’s Greek community opened their arms to me’: Labor’s Olivia Savvas 

At the age of 25, Newland Labor MP Olivia Savvas, is the youngest member of South Australia’s state parliament.  However, with her recent maiden speech,...

‘I miss him every day’: Braith Anasta shares how family tragedy shaped him

When people hear the name Braith Anasta on the streets of Sydney, the first image that's guaranteed to come to mind is that of...

Oakleigh Grammar teacher wins two prestigious accolades

Oakleigh Grammar has announced that its Head of Junior School, Shelley Parkes has been awarded two prestigious accolades. Shelley has been named as a winner...

A different migrant story: The Girl from the Ashes and her gilded life in Australia

By Kathy Karageorgiou All Greek migrants to Australia have unique stories, which in their own way, vary. Ms Paraskevi (aka Vivian) Stefanou's life has been...

‘Australians deserve a better future’: Q&A with Labor Leader Anthony Albanese

As the election race enters its final half and a few days after he launched Labor’s election bid to win government, Opposition Leader and...

Greek Australians who live in Greece reminisce about Orthodox Easter in Australia

By Kathy Karageorgiou Easter is the most important religious, and celebration event for Greeks. In Australia, the Greek community keeps this faith based tradition...
- Advertisement -spot_img

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you

Trans-Tasman bubble disbanded as overseas travel dreams crushed

Overseas travel dreams have been crushed by Australian Prime...

“I am here to win this tournament”: Maria Sakkari

Maria Sakkari battled past Slovenia's Tamara Zidansek in three...

Dr James Giallussi helps convey COVID-19 messages to Sydney’s Greek community

The Central and Eastern Sydney Primary Health Network (CESPHN)...