Mask mandate extended to all of Greater Sydney as Bondi COVID-19 cluster rises to 21

·

Ten new local COVID-19 cases have been recorded in NSW as the Bondi cluster grows to 21.

Officials said there were five new cases recorded in the 24 hours to 8pm. Two had already been reported yesterday.

Seven of the infections were detected outside of the reporting period and will be included in tomorrow’s figures.

Of those seven cases, six were household contacts of previous cases who have been in isolation. The seventh case is a child who attends a primary school in Sydney’s eastern suburbs.

A total of 28,645 tests were completed in the 24 hours to 8.00pm yesterday.

The Westfield Bondi Junction shopping centre continues to be the main area of concern for health authorities.

NSW Premier, Gladys Berejiklian, has extended the mask mandate.

Mask mandate extended to all of Greater Sydney:

Following today’s spike in COVID-19 cases, NSW Premier, Gladys Berejiklian, has announced the mandatory mask mandate will apply to all of Greater Sydney, valid from 12:01am Thursday morning.

“We will extend it to all of Greater Sydney. That means excluding the Central Coast and excluding the Hunter, but also they will be required to adhere to that compulsory mask wearing indoors for hospitality workers when we are going shopping, going grocery shopping, going to events inside,” Ms Berejiklian said.

“It is only when you are eating or drinking indoors at a venue that you can’t or shouldn’t wear a mask. In every other circumstance, if you live or are in Sydney, you must wear a mask for another week beyond Wednesday midnights.”

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Aaron Zerefos Enterprises acquires Fresco Beverages 

Aaron Zerefos has announced the acquisition of the Fresco Beverages business, enhancing his hold on the Australian drink distribution market. 

Feros Group to take over premier waterfront venue in Darling Harbour

The Feros Group has announced they now own and operate the iconic Helm Bar & Bistro in Sydney's Darling Harbour.

Peter Mamouzelos aims to play in Greece as rugby league grows

Peter Mamouzelos has expressed his ambition to play rugby league in Greece, a goal that has been hindered in the past due to the sport's ban.

Trust-building steps taken in Cyprus, but peace talks still elusive

Cyprus' rival leaders, Greek Cypriot President Nikos Christodoulides and Turkish Cypriot leader Ersin Tatar, made some progress on Wednesday.

Greece to invest 25 billion euros in major defence revamp

Greece is set to invest 25 billion euros in a comprehensive defence overhaul, marking the "most drastic" transformation in its modern history.

You May Also Like

Paros submerged, Syros pelted by hail as storms sweep the Cyclades

Severe weather swept across several Cycladic islands on Monday, March 31 with Paros and Syros among the hardest hit.

South Melbourne FC to host exclusive Legends Dinner after The Greek Herald Cup

South Melbourne FC is set to host an exclusive VIP Legends Dinner at Lakeside Stadium on the evening of Saturday, January 18, 2025.

Greek developer secures finance of three more Australian solar projects

Mytilineos Holdings, a Greek industrial conglomerate company, has recently financially closed on three solar farms in Australia.