Joshua Gotsis applies for bail following drug possession charges

·

A 23-year-old plumber from southern Sydney has applied for bail following a series of drug supply charges.

Police alleged that the man, Joshua Gotsis, sold more than 2000 bags of cocaine, making $500,000 in a few short months, while being under police surveillance.

The Daily Telegraph reported that Gotsis had been charged with large commercial drug supply, ongoing drug supply, dealing with crime proceeds, directing a criminal group, and failing to comply with a digital evidence access order which began from last August.

He allegedly made $35,000 weekly, and used a “central control phone” to communicate with 1900 contacts for drug orders.

In December 2023, Gotsis was arrested along with five others in the syndicate after police raided five homes in Thirlmere, Menai, Padstow, and Panania and uncovered 272.6g of cocaine, 33g of MDMA, $130,000 cash, $400,000 in luxury watches, $340,000 in vehicles, $95,000 in trail bikes and a gel blaster, which linked back to the men.

Four of the six men involved in the syndicate. (Left to right) Brandon Matavesi, Joshua Gotsis, Joshua Hargreaves and Kyle Russo. Photo: Facebook

Gotsis then sought bail with the support of his solicitor and grandparents. His solicitor, Elias Tabchouri said his grandparents would support and supervise him if released on house arrest, as they raised him from the age of 10, due to “deprivation at the severe level” in his childhood.

“Although he left school at 15 and struggled with ADHD, he fell into carpentry, then he goes to plumbing, he’s worked for two employers, got his full qualifications, he’s done all the right things,” Tabchouri said.

“He starts using MDMA and cocaine, as you often see around that age, he has a fight with his supervisor, he stops working … his cocaine use starts to escalate.”

Despite Mr Tabchouri’s statements, the prosecutor opposed his bail.

“Over 2000 bags of cocaine supplied to numerous persons all across Sydney – it’s an offence which is prevalent,” the prosecutor said.

“He is something of an orchestrator … he organised other persons to run the drugs.”

Joshua Gotsis is expected to return to court on February 13.

Source: The Daily Telegraph.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Andrew Cochineas sets Mosman record with $50 million mansion purchase

Andrew Cochineas and his wife Lisette have emerged as the buyers behind Mosman’s record-breaking $50 million mansion sale.

Greece unveils its first humanoid robot for factory work

Greece has taken a step into advanced robotics with the creation of the country’s first domestically developed industrial humanoid robot.

Pontic Greek genocide to become part of Cyprus school curriculum

Public schools across Cyprus will officially teach and commemorate the genocide of the Pontic Greeks.

Andy Ferrara named among Adelaide’s young chefs shaping the future of dining

Adelaide’s emerging culinary stars are making waves across South Australia’s best restaurants. Among those recognised is Andy Ferrara.

Greece ranks second worldwide for Blue Flag beaches

Greece has once again secured its place among the world’s top beach destinations, ranking second globally with 624 Blue Flag beaches.

You May Also Like

Maria Sakkari prepares to ‘win’ the Australian Open 2023

Maria Sakkari declared in an interview where she was representing Greece at the United Cup 2022, “I want to win the Australian Open!"

Parramatta Eels CEO Jim Sarantinos welcomes funding commitment for Centre of Excellence

Parramatta Eels CEO Jim Sarantinos has welcomed the government's funding commitment for Centre of Excellence at Kellyville Park.

50 year split: Memorial services in Cyprus’ south, parades in the north

The 50 year anniversary of ethnic tension in Cyprus was recognised over the weekend with stark conflicting events.