Sydney Olympic FC and South Melbourne FC confirm National Second Tier bids

·

Football Australia (FA) has announced the Assessment and Review Phase for the proposed National Second Tier (NST) has commenced, with a handful of clubs confirming their bids.

The Request for Proposal (RFP) phase concluded with the target of a 2024 launch, though FA did not disclose which clubs had made submissions after 26 teams had been shortlisted for the RFP.

Thus far, six teams have announced their bids, including three from Victoria and two from New South Wales. Sydney Olympic FC and South Melbourne FC were among the clubs that confirmed via their social media pages.

Also confirming their bids were, Avondale FC, APIA Leichhardt, Preston Lions and Sydney United.

FA aims to feature a minimum of 10 teams that will compete in a home and away league structure with finals. However, they may also explore a phased ‘group based’ model, where the National Premier Leagues would influence the composition, adopting the ‘Champions League’ model.

“We’ve taken significant strides towards establishing a robust framework for the National Second Tier. The response and the submissions received are testament to the passion and commitment of the football community to this pivotal initiative,” James Johnson, CEO of Football Australia said.

Left to Right: South Melbourne FC President, Nicholas Maikousis; Sydney Olympic FC President, Damon Hanlin; South Melbourne FC Senior Coach, Esteban Quintas; South Melbourne FC Chairman, Bill Papastergiadis.

The next phase will see each submitted proposal undergo a rigorous evaluation to ensure its completeness and alignment with the set criteria and requirements with help from accounting and advisory experts BDO as an independent third party to assist.

Should those proposals be suitable, the FA will progress to the Completion Phase, which marks the end of the selection process.

Source: Football Australia

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Helping Heidi reclaim her life from Stage 4 endometriosis

Heidi S thought she was coping.For years, she endured heavy bleeding, clots, anaemia, and crippling pain. She pushed through.

Jacquelene Tsovolos: Honouring the past to build the Cypriot youth of tomorrow

When Jacquelene Tsovolos thinks about identity, she thinks of “the stories you’re handed down before you’re old enough to understand.”

SA Labor pledges $200,000 to Hellenic Studies Foundation scholarship program

SA Labor has committed $200,000 to establish a new scholarship program honouring the Very Reverend Father Diogenis Patsouris OAM.

Roselands set for $55 million redevelopment to modernise Sydney mall

Roselands, one of Sydney’s oldest shopping centres, is set for a $55 million upgrade under a HomeCo proposal lodged.

Mitsotakis looks to expand Greece-India cooperation at AI summit

Greek PM Kyriakos Mitsotakis said he aims to give the Greece-India strategic partnership a “significant boost” during a visit to India.

You May Also Like

Constable Kyri shares why she joined South Australia’s police force

Former police graduate Constable Kyri who graduated from the police academy in June 2021, spoke to The Greek Herald.

Thousands rally in Athens over Gaza crisis as Greek Government faces criticism

Thousands gathered in Athens’ Syntagma Square on Wednesday evening, May 21, to protest the worsening humanitarian crisis in Gaza.

All Saints Grammar students receive Watson School Leadership awards

All Saints Grammar School in Sydney has celebrated the achievement of its Year 12 school captains, Vasileios and Karina.