NSW tribunal finds chiropractor Chris Vorillas ‘inappropriately touched’ patient

·

A NSW tribunal has found Sydney chiropractor Chris Vorillas violated professional boundaries by touching a female patient’s breast and genital area while they were receiving treatment.

The NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) said the actions were “not for sexual gratification” and “not intentional.”

Vorillas has strongly disputed all claims of inappropriate touching.

According to The Sydney Morning Herald, the woman visited Vorillas’ CBD clinic multiple times between October 17, 2019 and November 5, 2020, seeking treatment for neck and back problems. She filed a complaint with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) the day following her last session.

In her initial complaint to AHPRA, the woman said Vorillas massaged her inner thigh before moving up the leg and inside her shorts. She also claimed he touched her right breast.

Sydney chiropractor Chris Vorillas
Sydney chiropractor Chris Vorillas. Photo: LinkedIn.

The NACT concluded the conduct had breached the Chiropractic Board of Australia’s code of conduct by “fail[ing] to maintain professional boundaries so [the patient] was not exploited physically or sexually.”

Vorillas’ registration was restricted on November 19 last year, including a ban on touching any female patient’s upper breast, lower pelvis, or upper thigh.

The Health Care Complaints Commission (HCCC) is presently attempting to completely cancel the registration of Vorillas, who has directed his practice, Kinetic Healthcare, since 2014 in Sydney’s CBD and in Narellan in its southwest outskirts.

The HCCC also seeks to bar Vorillas from seeking for a review of the NACT judgment or delivering health services for two years.

Following the conclusion of stage two proceedings next year, a decision will be taken.

Source: The Sydney Morning Herald

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Melbourne Food & Wine Festival serves Greek heritage at World’s Longest Lunch

The Melbourne Food & Wine Festival will run from 20 to 29 March, offering a 10-day program of 200 events.

AI artist Dimitrii becomes breakout star for rejected creator

A Melbourne creator who spent decades facing rejection in the entertainment industry has unexpectedly broken through thanks to AI persona.

Theo James draws on Greek family history to urge Korean support for refugees

For actor and UNHCR goodwill ambassador Theo James, the global refugee crisis is rooted in a personal story.

Alex Mangos brings mango season to Christmas in Oran Park

Alex Mangos has given his usual Christmas setup a tropical makeover this year, marking the arrival of mango season with a playful twist.

Greece draws wealth: Over 1,200 millionaires expected to relocate in 2025

Recent arrivals-from Novak Djokovic to investors like Richard Xiao and Tom Greenwood-reflect a broader pattern.

You May Also Like

Estate of Alexander Cambitoglou recognised on ‘Top 50 Philanthropic List’

The Estate of Alexander Cambitoglou has been placed on the Australian Financial Review’s ‘Australia’s top 50 philanthropy list’ for 2020-2021, ranking at number 37.  The list, which...

Turkish consulate employee’s car set on fire in Greece

Turkey denounced early Tuesday the setting on fire of a Turkish Consulate General employee’s car in the Greek city of Thessaloniki.

‘We can work together’: Cyprus Community of NSW announces new Board members

The Cyprus Community of NSW have announced its new Board Members after its elections on Sunday, May 29 at the Cyprus Club in Stanmore, Sydney.