Nick Dinakis shares pain of losing his ‘forever love’ in Hunter Valley bus crash

·

Nick Dinakis has shared his pain almost one year after a deadly bus crash in the Hunter Valley claimed the life of his “best friend and forever love,” Darcy Bulman.

The 30-year-old Melbourne real estate agent and his girlfriend Darcy were on a wedding bus travelling from Wandin Valley Estate to Singleton on June 11 last year when it crashed while overturning on a roundabout in New South Wales.

Darcy was one of 10 people tragically killed in the crash, leaving Dinakis and 25 other wedding guests injured. Dinakis sustained brain injuries, spinal fractures and lacerations.

Dinakis told The Daily Telegraph on Thursday that he can’t imagine life without Darcy.

“Darcy was and always will be my best friend and my forever love,” he said about the girl he met in high school. “I miss her dearly and the thought of a future without her makes me feel sick.”

A commemorative garden along the Yarra River in Warrandyte will soon be created by Manningham Council in honour of Darcy.

Nick Dinakis and Darcy Bulman. Picture: Instagram.

Dinakis said he has a long way to go in terms of recovery and needs intense rehabilitation following his injuries, but added he was relieved to hear the driver of the bus, Andrew Button, had this week pleaded guilty to charges against him.

Button pleaded guilty to 10 counts of dangerous driving occasioning death, nine counts of dangerous driving occasioning grievous bodily harm, and 16 related offences of driving furiously and causing bodily harm to survivors.

The court heard 10 charges of manslaughter were withdrawn and dismissed. A further 25 charges of bodily harm by misconduct were also dropped.

“I’m extremely pleased with the result of the guilty plea from the bus driver,” Dinakis said.

“I understand this isn’t a situation that can appease everyone but it allows myself and the other victims to try and move forward with life.”

Source: The Daily Telegraph

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Michael Christofas shortlisted for national portrait prize with tribute to Kastellorizian women

Melbourne photographer Michael Christofas has been named a finalist in the 2026 Percival Photographic Portrait Prize in Townsville.

Memory gathers at double book launch: Rain-soaked readings of migration and storytelling

As rain lashed the windows of St Catherine’s Greek Orthodox Church Hall, warmth gathered around a long table laid with yiayia’s tablecloth.

The last thing born in Ephesus wasn’t marble, and Melbourne has the answer

When you hear the title The Library of Ephesus, you expect marble ruins and dusty scrolls. You do not expect soccer teams, Aristotle Onassis.

Filotimo on a plate: Neoléa and the Cretan Association bring Crete to Adelaide

Neoléa, in collaboration with the Cretan Association of South Australia, hosted an intimate and engaging culinary workshop on Sunday, May 17.

Pallaconians’ OPA Y2K Youth Night brings the 2000s back to Brunswick

More than 100 young people gathered at the Pallaconian Brotherhood’s Laconian House in Brunswick on Saturday, May 9.

You May Also Like

Greek team rescue 6-year-old girl from rubble in Turkey

Greek rescuers freed a 6-year-old girl from the rubble of her home in the city of Iskenderun in Turkey’s Hatay province on Tuesday.

Turkish Cypriot leaders condemn molotov attack on Limassol mosque

The Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs have strongly condemned the Molotov bomb attack on the İbrahimağa Köprülü mosque in Limassol.

Louie Douvis photographs Australian PM as he revisits childhood home for first time

Australia's Prime Minister, has revisited his childhood home in Sydney's inner west for the first time, being photographed by Louie Douvis.