COVID-19 vaccination not yet a priority for Stefanos Tsitsipas

·

Tennis world No.3 Stefanos Tsitsipas hasn’t had his first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and neither is he in a rush to get it. 

Tsitsipas, 23, says he’s accepted that he will likely be required to roll up his sleeve by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) at some point but that he still has reservations. 

“No one has told me anything. No one has made it a mandatory thing to be vaccinated,” he told reporters. 

“At some point I will have to, I’m pretty sure about it, but so far it hasn’t been mandatory to compete, so I haven’t done it, no.”

Tsitsipas appeared in a Greek government ad campaign to help promote safety measures to help fight against COVID-19 earlier this month. 

His advocacy for a “carefree” summer also followed his embrace of the perks of lockdowns. 

“I actually think they should put us in lockdown once a year – it’s good for nature, it’s good for our planet,” said in an Instagram Live on Eurosport’s page in May 2020. 

“I actually think it will be environmentally very beneficial.” 

“Life is such a hustle, and you never get the time to spend with your family and connect with them. Now it’s an opportunity to do so,” Tsitsipas said.

He went on to tell reporters that he’s struggled in the ATP Masters 1000 tournament’s ‘bubble’ environments in Cincinnati, Ohio. 

Source: Yahoo Sports

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Greek and Australian Ambassadors honour shared ANZAC and Cretan legacy

The Ambassador of Greece to Australia and the Ambassador of Australia to Greece have issued commemorative messages.

Cretan Federation leaders honour Battle of Crete legacy on 85th anniversary

Leaders of the Cretan Federation of Australia and NZ have issued commemorative messages marking the 85th anniversary of the Battle of Crete.

Tracking ANZACs from Australia to Crete through art

An artist-driven exhibition retracing the path of ANZAC forces during the World War II campaigns in Greece and Crete will open this month.

History, memory and geopolitics explored in Dean Kalimniou’s Pontus lecture

The Greek Community of Melbourne’s History and Culture Seminar Series continued on Tuesday evening with a deeply engaging lecture.

NZ Defence Minister praises enduring friendship forged on Crete in 1941

NZ Defence Minister Chris Penk has marked the 85th anniversary of the Battle of Crete and the Greek Campaign.

You May Also Like

Consumer Affairs Minister Nick Staikos comments on proposed Victorian property plan

The process for homebuyers in Victoria will be easier under a state government proposal to increase transparency in property sale prices.

NSW Government provides $600,000 in grants to help seniors stay connected

Seniors across the state will have more opportunities to socialise and learn new skills thanks to $600,000 in grants from the NSW Government.

NSW records highest daily COVID-19 cases since start of the pandemic

NSW's daily COVID-19 cases have almost doubled overnight, with 11,201 new infections and three deaths recorded.