Former Alpha chef Peter Conistis to open new restaurant in Sydney’s Brighton Le-Sands

·

The former Alpha Greek restaurant chef Peter Conistis has confirmed he will be opening a new restaurant in May the Sydney suburb of Brighton Le-Sands.

The restaurant Ammos will seat 350 people and be part of the Novotel Hotel’s dining scene once the venue relaunches next year. The restaurant will be located on level three.

“It’s five star,” Mr Conistis told The Sydney Morning Herald.

“There’ll be a poolside dining menu. It takes a lot for me to get involved in these things, but [I knew] the moment I saw the space.”

The chef added that “Ammos will be pure Greek, there’ll be a seafood station and a take on a mezze bar.”

Peter Conistis
Chef Consists previously worked at Alpha Restaurant. Photo: Adam Taylor.

This latest move comes after Mr Conistis was replaced by Melbourne celebrity chef George Calombaris at Alpha restaurant earlier this year.

Mr Conistis said that Alpha restaurant is yet to deliver their promised menu.

“There are still dishes of mine on the menu [at Alpha],” Mr Conistis said frustratedly. 

Alpha restaurant was taken over by Jon Adgemis’ Public Hospitality Group (PHG) last December. PHG has been the subject of controversy in recent months, being swamped by millions in debt and a failed refinancing deal with Bain Capital.

Source: The Sydney Morning Herald. 

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Panarcadians Mother’s Day luncheon honours the mother tongue

The Panarcadian Association of Melbourne transformed its annual Mother’s Day luncheon into both a celebration and act of resistance.

St George College hosts Greek military delegation for Battle of Crete commemorations

St George College has welcomed a military delegation from Greece as part of the 85th Anniversary Commemorations of the Battle of Crete.

Adelaide’s Pontian community honours the memory of the victims of the Genocide

Adelaide’s Pontian and wider Greek community gathered on Sunday to commemorate Pontian Greek Genocide Commemoration Day 2026.

‘From Genocide to Regeneration’ presented in Melbourne for first time

The Federation of Pontian Associations of Australia and the Sts Anargiri Greek Language Centre co-hosted a successful presentation.

‘We are custodians of memory’: Melbourne marks Greek Genocide remembrance day

Melbourne paused in solemn unity on Sunday morning as the Pontian Greek Genocide was commemorated with a wreath-laying service.

You May Also Like

Taxi industry rejects NSW Government’s ‘final offer’ of $905 million assistance package

The taxi industry has rejected the NSW Government's 'final offer' of a $905 million assistance package today.

Greek Fires Appeal committee in SA updates members on progress of funding allocation

The Chair of the "Greek Fire Appeal 2018" Organising Committee, Bill Gonis, has issued an update to members on the current status of funds.

Sydney film debut for Billy Cotsis’ Magna Graecia: the Greko of Calabria

Billy Cotsis' film Magna Graecia: the Greko of Calabria will debut in Sydney on Sunday, November 13 from 6pm.