Chris Christofi sets $120,000 target for seventh Vinnies CEO Sleepout

·

Melbourne businessman, philanthropist, and Vinnies CEO Sleepout Ambassador Chris Christofi, founder and CEO of Reventon, has set an ambitious fundraising target of $120,000 as part of this year’s mission to combat homelessness in Australia.

Christofi will be one of thousands of CEOs sleeping rough across the country later this month as part of the annual Vinnies CEO Sleepout.

Christofi will be participating in his seventh sleepout and has raised over $750,000 to date – as part of his ongoing push to help people ‘sleeping rough’ across the country.

Late last month, Christofi raised almost $80,000 at the ‘Lead With Kindness’ gala in one night. These funds are enough to feed over 2,500 people and provide emergency accommodation for over 150 families in crisis. This success underscores the generosity and support of the community towards combating homelessness.

chris christofi

This year’s Melbourne Vinnies CEO Sleepout will occur on Thursday, 20 June 2024, at the University of Melbourne. Hundreds of business, community, and government leaders will sleep outdoors to raise awareness and funds. Last year, the Melbourne Sleepout raised over $1 million, and this year aims to surpass that figure, helping even more vulnerable Australians.

Over the years, Christofi’s commitment to the Vinnies CEO Sleepout has made a significant impact. His fundraising efforts have already contributed $768,8181 to the cause.

“This event is more than just a fundraiser; it’s about raising awareness and driving meaningful change,” Christofi said.

He invites everyone to support his campaign and help him end homelessness.

“Your participation and donations are crucial. If you have anything to spare, please give generously and remember that sometimes; a little means a lot. Together, we can make a difference,” he said.

The Vinnies CEO Sleepout invites business, community, and government leaders to sleep outdoors to raise awareness and funds for Australians experiencing homelessness. More information is available at the Vinnies CEO Sleepout Website.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

SBS World News highlights The Greek Herald’s 100-year legacy

Australia’s multicultural media landscape has turned its attention to SBS News, which this week aired a feature on The Greek Herald.

Greek and Australian Ambassadors honour shared ANZAC and Cretan legacy

The Ambassador of Greece to Australia and the Ambassador of Australia to Greece have issued commemorative messages.

Cretan Federation leaders honour Battle of Crete legacy on 85th anniversary

Leaders of the Cretan Federation of Australia and NZ have issued commemorative messages marking the 85th anniversary of the Battle of Crete.

Tracking ANZACs from Australia to Crete through art

An artist-driven exhibition retracing the path of ANZAC forces during the World War II campaigns in Greece and Crete will open this month.

History, memory and geopolitics explored in Dean Kalimniou’s Pontus lecture

The Greek Community of Melbourne’s History and Culture Seminar Series continued on Tuesday evening with a deeply engaging lecture.

You May Also Like

Cretan and Pontian dance groups unite at Sydney concert

For the first time ever, Cretan and Pontian dance groups performed together at a Sydney concert. Read more here.

Sydney actress Phaedra Nicolaidis takes on lead role in ‘Arlington’

Greek Australian actress Phaedra Nicolaidis, is currently starring in Arlington at the Seymour Centre. Read more here.

Supporting Australia’s multicultural media sector 

The Albanese Government is investing in Australia’s multicultural media, today announcing funding of $11.3 million over three years.