Heritage Care director Peter Arvanitis resigns

·

Peter Arvanitis has resigned as Heritage Care director due to an increasing focus on he and his wife Areti’s wealth while the aged care industry claimed it was going bankrupt, The Daily Telegraph reports.

Speaking to News Corp Australia, Heritage Care CEO Greg Reeve said Arvanitis decided to resign last week as a Director of Heritage Care, not wanting to “be a distraction to the good work of staff”.

“Some have been critical of Peter’s private wealth which was acquired before his time at Heritage Care, including the public offering of Estia Health which generated over $1 billion in 2014,” Reeve said.

At least 40 Victorian aged care facilities, mainly in Melbourne, have recorded at least one case of COVID-19.(ABC News: Nic MacBean)

“It’s not possible for any aged care operator to generate that degree of wealth from resident fees, and it’s inaccurate to imply otherwise.

“These past business achievements have nothing to do with Heritage Care, although we have benefited from Peter’s partial ownership since late 2018.”

READ MORE: Son who lost 92-year-old mother becomes first to take legal action against Epping Gardens aged-care facility
READ MORE: Greeks make up 2 percent of Melbourne population, yet account for one in five COVID deaths

According to the Heritage Care CEO, Arvanitis will maintain his partial ownership in the business.

Heritage Care operates 10 homes in NSW and Victoria, including the Epping Gardens aged-care facility which became subject to investigation after being the source of over 300 infections and multiple deaths

Areti Arvanitis with her Maserati. Picture: Chris Hopkins/Headpress

A man who lost his 92-year-old at Epping Gardens will be the lead plaintiff in a class action being brought by Carbone Lawyers, which is representing about 30 families with relatives who have either died at the home or who were living there until recently.

Greek Heritage Care owners Tony Antonopoulos and Peter Arvanitis are facing massive backlash due to their failure to handle the incident.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Michael Christofas shortlisted for national portrait prize with tribute to Kastellorizian women

Melbourne photographer Michael Christofas has been named a finalist in the 2026 Percival Photographic Portrait Prize in Townsville.

Memory gathers at double book launch: Rain-soaked readings of migration and storytelling

As rain lashed the windows of St Catherine’s Greek Orthodox Church Hall, warmth gathered around a long table laid with yiayia’s tablecloth.

The last thing born in Ephesus wasn’t marble, and Melbourne has the answer

When you hear the title The Library of Ephesus, you expect marble ruins and dusty scrolls. You do not expect soccer teams, Aristotle Onassis.

Filotimo on a plate: Neoléa and the Cretan Association bring Crete to Adelaide

Neoléa, in collaboration with the Cretan Association of South Australia, hosted an intimate and engaging culinary workshop on Sunday, May 17.

Pallaconians’ OPA Y2K Youth Night brings the 2000s back to Brunswick

More than 100 young people gathered at the Pallaconian Brotherhood’s Laconian House in Brunswick on Saturday, May 9.

You May Also Like

Sydney broker Jimmy Koufos accused of alleged $700,000 NDIS fraud

Sydney mortgage broker Jimmy Koufos, 53, is accused of defrauding more than $700,000 from clients under the guise of NDIS investments.

Evodia Beauty Care wins at the Australian Beauty Industry Awards 2022

Greek Australian owned Evodia Beauty Care in Melbourne won salon of the year at the Australian Beauty Industry Awards 2022

UN to post EEZ maps of Libya, Turkey deal

Athens is bracing for the United Nations’ Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea to post the geographical coordinates outlined in the maritime border agreement...