Nick Karagiannis surprises grandmother whose car was crushed by council

·

For more than three months, 61-year-old, Wendy Tucker, has had to borrow her daughter’s car to get to work after the Central Coast Council accidently crushed her 1997 Toyota Camry Conquest.

The Toyota was parked outside her daughter’s home at Point Clare for eight weeks during the lockdown but after a neighbour complained that the vehicle had been parked illegally, the Council assumed it had been abandoned, removed the vehicle and crushed it without contacting Wendy.

Despite this, the hardworking grandmother has finally had some good news.

Wendy Tucker, 61. Photo: A Current Affair.

After her story aired on A Current Affair, Nick Karagiannis and his team at Crash Claim presented Wendy with a 2012 Toyota Aurion, a baby seat, flowers and a $2,000 cheque to help with insurance and other things she needed.

“We were absolutely overwhelmed with your story and having that happen to you after such a tough year. So me and my crew got together – The Crash Claim crew – and got you a little something for Christmas that should put a smile on your face,” Mr Karagiannis said while handing over the keys to the car.

Nick Karagiannis and his Crash Claim team.

Wendy was over the moon when she caught sight of her new car, wrapped in a bright red ribbon.

“Thank you so much,” she said. “It’s beautiful, it really is beautiful.”

Since the car had been delivered by Karagiannis and his team, Wendy has also been given $3000 from Central Coast Council, according to a media release by Crash Claim.

READ MORE: Good Samaritan, Nicholas Karagiannis, surprises aspiring Olympian with generous gift.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

SBS World News highlights The Greek Herald’s 100-year legacy

Australia’s multicultural media landscape has turned its attention to SBS News, which this week aired a feature on The Greek Herald.

Greek and Australian Ambassadors honour shared ANZAC and Cretan legacy

The Ambassador of Greece to Australia and the Ambassador of Australia to Greece have issued commemorative messages.

Cretan Federation leaders honour Battle of Crete legacy on 85th anniversary

Leaders of the Cretan Federation of Australia and NZ have issued commemorative messages marking the 85th anniversary of the Battle of Crete.

Tracking ANZACs from Australia to Crete through art

An artist-driven exhibition retracing the path of ANZAC forces during the World War II campaigns in Greece and Crete will open this month.

History, memory and geopolitics explored in Dean Kalimniou’s Pontus lecture

The Greek Community of Melbourne’s History and Culture Seminar Series continued on Tuesday evening with a deeply engaging lecture.

You May Also Like

New GOCNSW President Con Apoifis sets vision of unity, service and cultural renewal

New GOCNSW President Con Apoifis shares how family legacy, professional experience and a commitment to service will guide the Koinotita.

Dynamic preparation for VCE by the Greek Community of Melbourne schools

The two-day summer seminar for VCE preparation in Greek, organised by the Greek Community of Melbourne Schools on January 22 and 23.

Archaeological site of Ancient Messene in the Peloponnese to be upgraded

Central Archaeological Council of Greece gives the green light for an upgrade of visitor facilities at Ancient Messene in the Peloponnese.