Court hears new evidence into Darwin shooting rampage that killed Michael Sisois

·

A man accused of murdering four people during a shooting spree across Darwin was terrified someone was out to get him before the killings, a court has heard. 

Benjamin Glenn Hoffman has pleaded not guilty to four counts of murder in less than an hour at four locations on 4 June 2019, the Guardian reports. 

The day before the men died, Hoffman allegedly pulled his car into a service station in Coolalinga and gave his mobile phone to the cashier, Edith Reidy. 

“He was scared,” she told the Northern Territory supreme court on Tuesday.

“Terrified?” the defense lawyer Jon Tippett QC asked.

“Yes,” Reidy said.

Hoffmann’s ex-girlfriend Kelly Collins told the court that about the same time, Hoffman had smoked crystal methamphetamine with her at her home in a nearby suburb. 

She said the third man to die the following day, Michael Sisois, 57, was also with the pair. 

In the days after the rampage, Hoffman allegedly told police he believed Sisois had poisoned him in an attempt to kill him two days earlier. 

“I reckon I was spiked. Maybe with a substance or something,” he said in a recording played to the Northern Territory Supreme Court last week. 

“I think Sisois did it. That Greek guy. I don’t know if he used tranquilizer or tried to poison me.”

Hassan Baydoun, 33, and Nigel Hellings, 75, and Rob Courtney, 52, were also killed in the spree as Hoffman searched for Collins and a man named Alex Deligiannis less than 24 hours later, the crown says.

The trial continues. 

Source: The Guardian, Northern Beaches Review

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

The power of scrap paper: A soldier’s Battle of Crete journey resurrected

Anthony’s journey into the stories of Crete’s wartime past began with a discovery linking his family to the Greek-ANZAC alliance of WWII.

Sydney’s best Greek restaurants for an authentic Mediterranean feast

Sydney’s Greek dining scene is thriving, offering everything from classic souvlaki to elevated Mediterranean feasts.

Andrew Cochineas sets Mosman record with $50 million mansion purchase

Andrew Cochineas and his wife Lisette have emerged as the buyers behind Mosman’s record-breaking $50 million mansion sale.

Greece unveils its first humanoid robot for factory work

Greece has taken a step into advanced robotics with the creation of the country’s first domestically developed industrial humanoid robot.

Pontic Greek genocide to become part of Cyprus school curriculum

Public schools across Cyprus will officially teach and commemorate the genocide of the Pontic Greeks.

You May Also Like

Greece becomes newest signatory to the US-led Artemis Accords on space exploration 

George Gerapetritis met with Antony Blinken as part of the USA-Greece Strategic Dialogue to discuss the high level of Greek-US relations. 

Greece qualifies for Eurovision 2022 grand final

Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord ballad ‘Die Together’ has placed in the top 10, qualifying Greece for the Eurovision grand final on Sunday, May 15. 

New tourism memorandum signed between Greece and US after 31 years

This week Tourism Minister Vassilis Kikilias met with US Ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt to sign a Greek-US memorandum.