Company at centre of $400m Westpac fraud open for business

·

The company at the center of an alleged $400 million fraud against Westpac is looking for new customers and spruiking its services following an emergency sale to Bill Papas’ cousin Eric Constantinidis. 

The Sydney-based Forum Group company has sent six emails to prospective clients over the past two weeks to drum up business. 

The emails were sent while the company was going through mass layoffs and staff say they were stressed and owed large sums of money. 

The most recent email was sent last Friday and has been obtained by The Age and Sydney Morning Herald. 

“I’d love to have one of our office solution experts come out to see you and talk about the challenges your business is facing and the ways in which Forum can help make your business better,” the email says.

“Do you have a spare 30 minutes in the next week or so to have a chat about upgrading your office? Look forward to hearing from you.”

Earlier emails include now-removed blog articles published on the Forum Group website and a glowing customer review from Aston Advantage managing director Chantel Haskett. 

Ms Haskett did not respond to the Sydney Morning Herald’s request for comment. 

This is while other companies, such as a Sydney concrete company, try to distance themselves from the allegedly fraudulent company by removing their customer reviews. 

The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald has revealed Mr. Papas’ extensive international and domestic assets, including Audi racecars and Greek seaside properties. Mr. Papas, who was supposed to return to Australia to face the courts earlier this month, remains in Greece after his lawyer told the Federal Court he had contracted COVID-19. 

Meanwhile, a report filed by liquidators at McGrathNicol have managed to conduct brief interviews with Mr Papas and his business partner Mr. Tesoriero since being appointed as liquidators to the group. 

Source: Sydney Morning Herald 

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

The power of scrap paper: A soldier’s Battle of Crete journey resurrected

Anthony’s journey into the stories of Crete’s wartime past began with a discovery linking his family to the Greek-ANZAC alliance of WWII.

Sydney’s best Greek restaurants for an authentic Mediterranean feast

Sydney’s Greek dining scene is thriving, offering everything from classic souvlaki to elevated Mediterranean feasts.

Andrew Cochineas sets Mosman record with $50 million mansion purchase

Andrew Cochineas and his wife Lisette have emerged as the buyers behind Mosman’s record-breaking $50 million mansion sale.

Greece unveils its first humanoid robot for factory work

Greece has taken a step into advanced robotics with the creation of the country’s first domestically developed industrial humanoid robot.

Pontic Greek genocide to become part of Cyprus school curriculum

Public schools across Cyprus will officially teach and commemorate the genocide of the Pontic Greeks.

You May Also Like

Heather Makris urges more people to become organ donors in Australia

South Australian local, Heather Makris, has called on more people to become organ donors this National DonateLife Week.

Sydney’s Pontian community gather to remember lives lost during Greek Genocide

On Sunday, 19 May 2024, Pontoxeniteas NSW held a poignant commemoration of the Greek Genocide. Read more here.

‘State of emergency’ not over on Evros border, Minister says

Citizens’ Protection Minister Michalis Chrysochoidis joined his Defence counterpart Nikos Panagiotopoulos on visit to Greek-Turkish border area of Evros.