Alleged neo-Nazi Stefanos Eracleous faces court over threatening video

·

Alleged neo-Nazi, Stefanos Eracleous, has faced a Melbourne court charged with creating a threatening video towards independent Senator Lidia Thorpe.

The 30-year-old Australian with Greek heritage appeared in the Heidelberg Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday after he was charged with using a carriage service to menace, harass or cause offence.

Judge Meagan Keogh refused a request by Eracleous’ attorney Ben Watson, for the case to be postponed until March next year.

The Judge said the proposed new date was “too far away” and gave Eracleous’ legal team one month to prepare.

Lidia Thorpe Photo news.com.au
Independent Senator, Lidia Thorpe. Photo: news.com.au.

Senator Thorpe said she was being targeted by far-right radicals last month during the Indigenous Voice to Parliament campaign, and she blamed Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and the Australian Federal Police for not doing enough to ensure her protection.

During a house raid in June of this year, police allegedly found electronic devices that they claim included proof of Eracleous’ role in “making and disseminating” the video which threatened violence towards the Senator.

Eracleous could face up to five years in jail if found guilty of the offence.

Source: news.com.au

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

South Melbourne FC finish runners-up after strong OFC Pro League campaign

South Melbourne FC’s remarkable run in the inaugural OFC Pro League came to a narrow end on Sunday night, with Hellas going down 2-1...

The power of scrap paper: A soldier’s Battle of Crete journey resurrected

Anthony’s journey into the stories of Crete’s wartime past began with a discovery linking his family to the Greek-ANZAC alliance of WWII.

Sydney’s best Greek restaurants for an authentic Mediterranean feast

Sydney’s Greek dining scene is thriving, offering everything from classic souvlaki to elevated Mediterranean feasts.

Andrew Cochineas sets Mosman record with $50 million mansion purchase

Andrew Cochineas and his wife Lisette have emerged as the buyers behind Mosman’s record-breaking $50 million mansion sale.

Greece unveils its first humanoid robot for factory work

Greece has taken a step into advanced robotics with the creation of the country’s first domestically developed industrial humanoid robot.

You May Also Like

‘It’s about the people’: A social worker in Greece shares her experiences

46-year-old social worker, Athina Bakos, shares her experiences with The Greek Herald of working in Greece.

Greek and Italian leaders pledge deeper ties on defence, energy and migration

Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis and Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni met in Rome for the Greece–Italy High Cooperation Council.

Olympiacos beat Cukaricki 3-1 at Europa League playoffs

Olympiacos took a crucial step in the first match for the Europa League playoffs. The Red and Whites prevailed 3-1 against Cukaricki at G. Karaiskakis Stadium. They now have...