Anthony Koutoufides considers running for Melbourne Lord Mayor

·

Former Carlton FC AFL great Anthony Koutoufides has revealed he has been considering a run for Lord Mayor of Melbourne in the upcoming October council elections.

“I’m considering it… I really want to look at it because I am keen to do something if I can,” he said.

Melbourne-proud Koutoufides said he had been reached out to regarding running and is in the early stages of plotting if he will run and who with.

Koutoufides further added “There are still a few hoops to get through… I’m borderline, I don’t know which way to go.”

Former Carlton FC champion, Anthony Koutoufides.

If he does decide to run, the former champion will take on Nicholas Reece who was voted in as Lord Mayor this July. 

Koutoufides played 278 games for Carlton FC and was a member of the Blues 1995 premiership-winning team. After retiring in 2007, he established his own fitness business.

He has since made appearances on reality TV shows such as Dancing With The Stars  in 2006 and Gladiators as “Kouta the Greek God.”

The only other declared candidate is veteran candidate 82-year-old Gary Morgan.

Source: The Age.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Body image in Greek Australian culture

The report highlighted that an estimated 4.1 million Australians aged 15 and over have experienced body dissatisfaction.

SoulChef Sundays: A taste of tradition with Katiki Cheese Pie

This week, SoulChef presents a lighter, contemporary take on a classic — without sacrificing authenticity or flavour.

Greek as always: Different languages, same ancient soul

We Greeks have always been adventurous people. The Minoans sailed the Mediterranean and traded exotic goods.

Greece secures world’s 2nd best beach for 2026

Greece has earned major international recognition with four of its beaches ranked among the world’s top 20.

First Orthodox cemetery opens in Japan

To support the spiritual needs of the faithful, the parish priest announced plans to relocate a traditional wooden church from Romania.

You May Also Like

Greek School of Canberra students conclude term three with Embassy of Greece tour

More than 70 students from the Greek School of Canberra, had the opportunity to enjoy a tour of the Embassy of Greece last week.

Parish of St Sophia and Three Daughters in Sydney celebrates 50 years of faith and community

The Parish of St Sophia and Three Daughters at Surry Hills, Sydney celebrated its Golden Jubilee on Saturday, February 22.

Builder George Lavrentiadis faces jail after illegally flattening historic SA beach shacks

George Lavrentiadis has apologised in court after illegally demolishing two historic beach shacks on South Australia’s Fleurieu Peninsula.