Soft and with an unexpected crunchy bite, these delicious treats are very popular among chocolate lovers all year round.
Best part? They’re simple to make and no baking is required!
- 100 g walnuts
- 220 g tea biscuits
- 120 g butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 150 g sweetened condensed milk
- 10 g brandy
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 350 g chocolate couverture, melted
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 level teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- In a saucepan, add the butter and melt over medium heat.
- In a food processor, add the cookies and walnuts.
- Beat to break them up into pieces but you don’t want to finely ground them.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the melted butter along with the sweetened condensed milk, ground cinnamon, cocoa powder, cognac, vanilla extract and honey.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Press down on the mixture with your hands to make it more compact and place it in a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Roll it with your hands so it takes on the shape of a salami and wrap in the plastic wrap.
- Lay out another 2 sheets of plastic wrap making sure they are touching each other and place the carioca roll on it.
- Wrap it in the plastic wrap very tightly.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours to chill or in the freezer for 1 hour.
- When ready, remove the plastic coverings and cut into 1 cm slices.
- Pick up each slice with a fork or a pair of tongs and dip it into the melted couverture.
- Place on a sheet of parchment paper.
- When the karioka is chilled, the couverture will harden but you can refrigerate again.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and serve.
*Looking for another delicious Greek traditional recipe? Check out this easy to make Portokalopita (Greek Orange Phyllo Cake)