Danny and Michael Philippou’s film to premiere at Sundance Film Festival

·

Talk To Me, the Australian-made film by South Australian YouTube pranksters, Danny and Michael Philippou, will have its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2023. 

Talk To Me will be one of four Australian films to be shown at the prestigious festival.

Screen Australia chief executive, Graeme Mason, told ABC News the “announcements were priceless for the Australian film sector.”

Danny and Michael said they’re “so excited” to be premiering Talk To Me at the Sundance Film festival.

The twin brothers secured funding for their debut feature film in 2020 and instantly started co-writing and directing the film alongside Michael Beck.

The film has been described as “more serious” than their usual prankster YouTube videos.

“It’s a film about connection and – metaphorically – about depression,” they said.

The Sundance Film Festival has previously featured well-known South Australian films, such as Wolf Creek in 2005 and Time Machine in 2015.

The festival runs for 11 days from mid January 2023.

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Melbourne Food & Wine Festival serves Greek heritage at World’s Longest Lunch

The Melbourne Food & Wine Festival will run from 20 to 29 March, offering a 10-day program of 200 events.

AI artist Dimitrii becomes breakout star for rejected creator

A Melbourne creator who spent decades facing rejection in the entertainment industry has unexpectedly broken through thanks to AI persona.

Theo James draws on Greek family history to urge Korean support for refugees

For actor and UNHCR goodwill ambassador Theo James, the global refugee crisis is rooted in a personal story.

Alex Mangos brings mango season to Christmas in Oran Park

Alex Mangos has given his usual Christmas setup a tropical makeover this year, marking the arrival of mango season with a playful twist.

Greece draws wealth: Over 1,200 millionaires expected to relocate in 2025

Recent arrivals-from Novak Djokovic to investors like Richard Xiao and Tom Greenwood-reflect a broader pattern.

You May Also Like

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese donates $325,000 for Bega Valley bushfire recovery

The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia donated $325,000 to the Bega Valley Community Disaster Relief Fund “for the relief of human suffering."

Greeks in Victoria remember the Battle of Kalamata

On Sunday, April 30 around 100 people gathered for a commemorative service to honour those who died defending Kalamata 82 years ago.

Charlotte Markson on turning her Greek grandmother’s doilies into a fashion statement

Designer Charlotte Markson opens up to The Greek Herald about turning her Greek grandmother's doilies into a fashion statement.