Christine Sideris shares her advice for mature aged job seekers

·

The “great resignation” phenomenon brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic has seen a number of industries such as healthcare, cleaning and hospitality, welcoming more mature aged job seekers.

One of these workers is 60-year-old disability support worker, Christine Sideris, who changed careers later in life.

In an interview with The Advertiser, Christine detailed how she was forced to give up her dream of being a hairdresser after suffering a debilitating shoulder injury as a retail worker in 1991.

Christine has taken on a role as an allied health worker at disability service provider .

She found work as a school services officer but 12 years later resigned to care for her sick father full-time.

Now 60, Christine has taken on a role as an allied health worker at disability service provider HenderCare in May.

“I feel fulfilled because I know I’m giving back to the community,” she told the newspaper. “You’re never too old and if you believe in yourself everything and anything is possible.”

Source: The Advertiser.

Monument to migration - Mother's Day

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Angelo Tsarouchas Skits and Wits tour

Advertisement

Latest News

How Commodore John Stavridis commemorates ANZAC Day every year

Every year, on April 25, Australians honour all those who have fallen, those who have served and all of those who continue to serve.

Australian track and field athlete Mikeala Selaidinakos aims to qualify for Paris Olympics

On Thursday 25 April, Australian track and field athlete Mikeala Selaidinakos will depart for the World Athletics Relays Bahamas 24.

‘I get closer to my faith’: Greek Orthodox people on the importance of fasting for Easter

With Orthodox Easter around the corner, the Lent period leading up to Holy Saturday and Anastasi continues.

Honouring the memory of dual ANZAC Constantine Aroney BEM at his restored grave

Each year on ANZAC Day we commemorate those who fought and died at Gallipoli in 1915 and those brave men and women who have fought since.

Women’s justice champ unveils the untold story of WWII ANZACs from Brunswick to Greece

Phil Cleary's latest project, “Gladys and the Brunswick Boys,” delves into the experiences of World War II ANZACs who fought in Greece.

You May Also Like

Why Greek people smash a pomegranate every New Year’s

Pomegranate, the fruit of life and good fortune, is smashed every year for New Years’ festivities in Greek households.

Greek community unites across Australia to help bushfire victims

Over the last week, the urgency of the Australian bushfires was escalated to the level of an international humanitarian crisis. As the rest of the...

Turkey’s President Erdogan says ‘all Cyprus could have been ours’

Turkish President, Recep Tayyip Erdogan gave a speech to Turkish military troops declaring his support for the Turkish invasion of Cyprus.