Aiva Anagnostiadis named Australia’s first F1 Academy driver

·

Aiva Anagnostiadis has been confirmed as Australia’s first driver to ever appear in the F1 Academy series.

With the series taking place across seven Formula 1 race weekends, Anagnostiadis will partner with leading open-wheel squad Hitech – starting from Shanghai’s Chinese Grand Prix in late March.

The Anagnostiadis family are no strangers to motorsport, with Aiva’s mother Barbara previously involved in karting as a driver. Aiva would later join her brother, James, in also taking up karting from the age of six.

“At the time I didn’t have much interest in motorsport, but mum brought us to the track and I thought I want to have a go at this, so we jumped in the kart and that’s when I fell in love with it,” Aiva said.

In 2022, after representing Team Australia in the FIA Motorsport Games’ Senior Karting category, Anagnostiadis joined Alpine’s Rac(H)er Academy as she began her transition from karts to open-wheel racing.

“F1 Academy was a goal straight away. To reach that goal has been a dream come true and now the plan is to work as hard I can and be as competitive as possible,” Anagnostiadis said.

“I want to be a role model for those little girls coming through and be what I didn’t have. We’re trying to break barriers and show girls that there is another pathway and there are opportunities out there.”

While Anagnostiadis’ F1 Academy debut will wait until the Chinese Grand Prix on 21–23 March, Anagnostiadis will be an Ambassador for the Australian Grand Prix in her hometown of Melbourne.

“To be an ambassador of the Australian Grand Prix, my home track, is pretty cool. I was here in 2018 as a grid kid so now to be back taking it all in again as an ambassador is awesome,” Anagnostiadis said.

Source: Motorsport.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

SBS World News highlights The Greek Herald’s 100-year legacy

Australia’s multicultural media landscape has turned its attention to SBS News, which this week aired a feature on The Greek Herald.

Greek and Australian Ambassadors honour shared ANZAC and Cretan legacy

The Ambassador of Greece to Australia and the Ambassador of Australia to Greece have issued commemorative messages.

Cretan Federation leaders honour Battle of Crete legacy on 85th anniversary

Leaders of the Cretan Federation of Australia and NZ have issued commemorative messages marking the 85th anniversary of the Battle of Crete.

Tracking ANZACs from Australia to Crete through art

An artist-driven exhibition retracing the path of ANZAC forces during the World War II campaigns in Greece and Crete will open this month.

History, memory and geopolitics explored in Dean Kalimniou’s Pontus lecture

The Greek Community of Melbourne’s History and Culture Seminar Series continued on Tuesday evening with a deeply engaging lecture.

You May Also Like

Team Greece eliminated on penalties after 2–2 thriller in All Nations Cup

Team Greece fought valiantly in its All Nations Cup semi-final against South Sudan with a draw at time, but unfortunately failed to qualify.

Echoes of the Past: A film capturing the atrocities of the Kalavryta Massacre

Echoes of the Past: A film capturing the atrocities of the Kalavryta Massacre. The Greek Herald interviews Stelios Cotionis.

NSW Premier was aware of concerns about Eleni Petinos MP months before sacking

NSW Premier Dominic Perrottet admits he was made aware of concerns about ex-minister Eleni Petinos in the months before she was sacked.