Waverley Mayor Paula Masselos condemns pro-Hamas graffiti in Sydney’s east

·

Waverley Mayor Paula Masselos has addressed the rise in pro-Hamas graffiti plastered over the Bondi and Bronte areas in Sydney’s east, declaring the council was taking immediate action to have it removed.

“The level of the graffiti has increased over the last week and we’re acting on it as soon as we’re told because it’s hugely upsetting for our community,” Masselos said.

“Hamas is a registered terrorist organisation and we don’t cop this sort of vandalism.”

Residents have expressed concerns over the rising prevalence of “hate speech” and “division” as authorities work to address the surge in pro-Hamas graffiti in Sydney’s eastern suburbs.

Overnight, 11 additional incidents were reported, intensifying local anxieties and prompting a swift response from officials as the menacing reminders of division among Sydneysiders multiply.

Source: Daily Telegraph.

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

‘Our People Their Stories’ revives the era when Hellenism took root in Australia

"Our People Their Stories – Οι Άνθρωποί μας, οι Ιστορίες τους" is the name of the pioneering project undertaken by the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese...

Tributes flow for former Liberal MP for Kooyong, Petro Georgiou

Petro Georgiou, a former Liberal MP for Kooyong and a respected advocate for human rights, has died peacefully at the age of 77.

Meet the new generation of Greek youth shaping the future of Hellenism in Canberra

The GOCCC Emerging Leaders (GEL) Committee 2025 is a hand-selected youth subcommittee made up of dedicated young individuals.

Hellenic Kids returns this month with three days of culture and fun

This April, children from Kindy to Year 6 are invited to dive into the Hellenic Kids Activities Program, running from 15 April to 17 April.

Coalition pledges $2 million to upgrade Heidelberg United Alexander FC facilities

The Coalition has recently announced a $2 million funding commitment to Heidelberg United Alexander Football Club.

You May Also Like

Nick Kyrgios defeats Stefanos Tsitsipas in Halle Open thriller

Nick Kyrgios battled back from first-set disappointment to oust second seed Stefanos Tsitsipas with a 5-7, 6-2, 6-4 victory at Halle.

Man charged with assaulting Penelope Katsavos faces court

Amrick Roy, 26, appeared before Melbourne Magistrates Court on Friday, charged with assaulting Penelope Katsavos outside the South Yarra Greek Orthodox Church last Saturday morning.

Western Sydney Wanderers FC: Terry Antonis returns, Johnny Koutroumbis signs deal

Western Sydney Wanderers FC have announced the signing of Terry Antonis and Johnny Koutroumbis for the club in the 2021/22 A-League season.