Sammy Klementou at breaking point amid costly prank calls to SA fish and chip shop

·

Sam Klementou is the owner of Sammy’s Fish and Chippery in Collinswood, South Australia, and he told The Advertiser he is at his wit’s end after receiving dozens of “nasty” prank calls every day for the past three years.

Mr Klementou said he has lost more than $20,000 to fake food orders after receiving up to 60 prank phone calls a day from teenagers. Accepting payment over the phone does not work either, he said.

“It’s impossible to run a business and getting those fake calls,” Mr Klementou told The Advertiser.

Sammy’s Fish and Chippery.

The shop owner said in “90 per cent” of instances he was forced to throw the food away, while the other 10 per cent was donated to the local homeless people.

SA Police said it had investigated the nuisance calls last year, however, “no suspects have been identified.”

“If the victim or anyone has further information or any suspects in relation to any of these incidents, they are encouraged to contact police,” a SA Police spokeswoman said.

Mr Klementou is now looking at developing an app to bypass phone calls altogether.

Source: The Advertiser.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

The power of scrap paper: A soldier’s Battle of Crete journey resurrected

Anthony’s journey into the stories of Crete’s wartime past began with a discovery linking his family to the Greek-ANZAC alliance of WWII.

Sydney’s best Greek restaurants for an authentic Mediterranean feast

Sydney’s Greek dining scene is thriving, offering everything from classic souvlaki to elevated Mediterranean feasts.

Andrew Cochineas sets Mosman record with $50 million mansion purchase

Andrew Cochineas and his wife Lisette have emerged as the buyers behind Mosman’s record-breaking $50 million mansion sale.

Greece unveils its first humanoid robot for factory work

Greece has taken a step into advanced robotics with the creation of the country’s first domestically developed industrial humanoid robot.

Pontic Greek genocide to become part of Cyprus school curriculum

Public schools across Cyprus will officially teach and commemorate the genocide of the Pontic Greeks.

You May Also Like

Costa Vertzayias’ new book officially launched to mark anniversary of Asia Minor Catastrophe

The Hellenic Lyceum of Sydney held the official launch of Costa Vertzayias’ new book, 1922- Dispossessed and Uprooted, on Sunday, May 29.

PAOK FC to join Football Victoria Pathway Project 

The Football Victoria Pathway Project, formally known as the International Coaching Experience, is a program that brings together coaches.

GOCNSW Home for the Aged welcomes Consul General and celebrates its donors

The Greek Orthodox Community Home for the Aged played host to the Consul General of Greece in Sydney and some of its major donors.