Raptis Properties take failed $58.6 million property sale in Adelaide to court

·

The sale of the Raptis family’s 63 Pirie St property in the Adelaide CBD has gone to court, The Australian has reported.

Raptis Properties has taken the case to court as the buyer, Capital Property Funds (CPF), appear to have pulled out of a $58.6 million purchase at the last minute.

The property company is now seeking to enforce the deal, claiming to be owed the sale amount plus costs.

In a statement of claim filed with the Supreme Court in Adelaide, Raptis alleged One Managed Investment – a CPF vehicle – pulled out of the sale at the last minute.

The sale was said to be agreed for the property on November 25 with a $1.1 million deposit paid at the time. Raptis Properties claimed that by December 7, the Sydney-based CPF had obtained finance.

The property.

“On 7 December, 2022, the lawyer for the respondent wrote… advising that… special condition 30 of the contract… had been satisfied by the respondents having obtained a loan for the purpose of it completing the acquisition of the property pursuant to the contract,” the statement of claim said.

“As a consequence… the respondent’s obligation pursuant to the contract… were unconditional.”

According to The Australian, the settlement was due on February 24 but due to issues with their bank at the time, Raptis Properties rescheduled the settlement for February 27. On that day, Raptis Properties was informed “the applicant… could not complete the contract at all on its current terms.”

Raptis said the contract was not honoured and the property is yet to be sold. They said CPF is now in breach of its contract and are claiming “loss and damage.”

CPF is yet to file a defence in the matter.

Source: The advertiser

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Evzones to lead ANZAC tributes and cultural celebrations in Adelaide and Sydney

The Evzones will visit Australia from 23 April to 4 May 2025, participating in Anzac Day and a series of cultural events.

Consent education safe as Chanel Contos responds to Dutton’s ‘indoctrination’ pledge

Peter Dutton has pledged a Coalition government would review the national school curriculum to eliminate “indoctrination.”

Alexia Apostolakis joins Matildas as train-on player

Melbourne City defender, Alexia Apostolakis, has been called into the Matildas squad as a train-on player ahead of the upcoming friendlies.

Rugby chief Peter V’landys addresses speculation about his future

Peter V’landys, chairman of the Australian Rugby League Commission and CEO of Racing NSW, has addressed speculation about his future.

Olympiacos President to face trial over death of policeman in fan violence incident

Vangelis Marinakis, the president of Olympiacos FC, has been ordered to stand trial in Greece, accused of inciting sports-related violence.

You May Also Like

Pfizer CEO, Albert Bourla, receives top Greek honour for his work developing COVID vaccine

Albert Bourla was awarded the medal of the Golden Cross of the Order of the Redeemer by Greek President, Katerina Sakellaropoulou.

Helen Andrianakis: Insomnia more than just a side effect, it’s a societal problem

Insomnia should be treated no differently than other mental health illnesses. Left unmonitored, it has proven to be “extremely dangerous” to our bodies.

Shipwreck diving to help boost Greek 2020 tourism

Greece will exploit untapped tourist activities, including diving for post-19th century shipwrecks, to help meet the new conservative government's target of a 10-percent boost...